2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2009 7:50 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Installation problems

Stepkaaa

Trying to install After Effects cs3 on Mac with Snow leopard os.

But there are lots of problems.

example: Adobe After Effects CS3 cannot be installed because it conflicts with:

• Adobe After Effects CS3

i have not got any after effects on my mac.

Also i tried to install AE cs4 (trial version from adobe.com).

After instllation i started it, but application crashed. It was problem like "no such value... ,sorry".

please, help me!

First error:

1.jpg

Second error:

2.jpg

After that 2 errors - crash.

• 1. Re: Installation problems
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          • Adobe After Effects CS3

i have not got any after effects on my mac.

That may simply refer to a shared Adobe component liek the PDF handling, fonts, Bridge or whatever that may be on your system already. Thios could have been introduced by installing any other Adobe app. To fix it, you will probably have to use the CS3 Clean Script from the support pages before attempting a re-install. Your other issues may be related somehow, but definitely try to trash the prefs first in Users:You:Library:Preferences:Adobe:After Effects:8.0, then launch CS3 again. if the issue persists and no new, clean prefs are created, then it may be a specific 10.6 issue. I just can't help you. Due to the various reports about mishaps I have foregone upgrading for the time being...

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Installation problems
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

FYI, here's a link to a Technical Support document that tracks some issues with After Effects on Snow Leopard:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/516/cpsid_51667.html

1 person found this helpful