4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2009 3:02 PM by the_wine_snob

Why inserting audio creates a gap in my video ?

Uglook

Hi,

I try to insert a short audio mp3 bakcground music in my work.

I try to insert it several times because it is short and I need it repeat.

So I insert it once at begining of my work. When I insert it a second time, it will create a gap between the end of previous audio piece, and its own end.

Why on earth does it does this ? Why audio can break video ? This turns me mad, please tell me how can I insert audio files without destroying my video ?

Thanks,

Uglook

• 1. Re: Why inserting audio creates a gap in my video ?
          nealeh Level 5

Uglook wrote:

I try to insert a short audio mp3 bakcground music in my work.

I try to insert it several times because it is short and I need it repeat.

So I insert it once at begining of my work. When I insert it a second time, it will create a gap between the end of previous audio piece, and its own end.

Why on earth does it does this ? Why audio can break video ? This turns me mad, please tell me how can I insert audio files without destroying my video ?

Are you trying to put it onto the Audio 1 track? If so after the insert (that creates the gap) you will need to break the video/audio link by right-clicking the audio track and selecting 'Unlink Audio and Video'. With the link broken you can then move just the video clips to fill the gap.

If you are not already using the 'Soundtrack' track for something else that would be the better place to add your mp3 clip.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Why inserting audio creates a gap in my video ?
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You may also be talking about the ripple function -- which assumes you are trying to insert a clip when you add a clip to a parallel track.

To override the ripple function, hold down the Ctrl key as you add your new audio or video clip.

• 3. Re: Why inserting audio creates a gap in my video ?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

First, be sure that you are working in Timeline View Mode and not Sceneline View Mode.

Next, drag your MP3* to either the Soundtrack Audio Track, or to a free Audio Track and NOT to an Audio Track that is linked to a used Video Track.

Good luck,

Hunt

* Some MP3's can cause issues. Other than tiny SFX MP3's, I always convert to PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit files in Audition (Audacity will work fine too).

• 4. Re: Why inserting audio creates a gap in my video ?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Sorry, but I forgot my manners - Welcome to the forum.

Must have been jet-lag from London,

Hunt