3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2009 7:46 AM by Jim_Simon

Premiere Pro 1.0 repair Project

JJF_III

Some Preview files were deleted in Windows explorer to make room on the hard drive. Now A Premiere Pro 1 Project will not open, though all the original files are intact. Is there a way to force PP 1 to open the project and rebuild all the preview files?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro 1.0 repair Project
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Several problems: Only a single disk from the sound of it. That is below minimum requirements. Use at LEAST 2 physical 7200 RPM SATA disks or faster (SCSI). Use an auto-save version to open your project, if that also fails, start from scratch. Why not update from this very dated version?

• 2. Re: Premiere Pro 1.0 repair Project
            JJF_III Level 1

Thanks for the reply.

This is an Old Project that was imported into PP CS4 and doesn't look as good as PP 1. In PP CS4 the diagonals have jaggy's, that's why I went back to PP1 to finish the project. I screwed up by deleting the previews in Windows Explorer ( to free up HD space). I can spend all day kicking myself in the butt, but I still would like to repair the project, if possible.

I have a seperate Post about CS4 jaggys. I figured between the two post one solution would help salvage this project.

• 3. Re: Premiere Pro 1.0 repair Project
              Jim_Simon Level 8

Missing peeviews will not cause any problems.  Premiere simply rebuilds them if it has to.

The problem is that a project, once opened in CS4, can't thereafter be opened in any earlier version.  You're stuck working in CS4.

Now, let's see if we can solve that jaggy issue...