6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2009 6:03 PM by mishie927

Lens Flare Colour Change.

mishie927

Hello,

I was just wondering if there's any way to change the colour of the Lens Flare effect?

If so, how? The default colour seems to just stay on white (something like that lol)

Cheers.

• 1. Re: Lens Flare Colour Change.
          dradeke Adobe Employee

Add a tint to the clip.  Try Hue/Saturation, select the colorize button and move the master slider.

hope this helps,

Dennis

• 2. Re: Lens Flare Colour Change.
            Colin Brougham Level 6

Problem is, that'll tint the underlying clip, too.

To the OP, try this (I'm assuming you're on CS4):

1. Create a black video clip, and add it to a track above your background video.
            2. Add the lens flare to the black video clip, and tweak as you need.
            3. Add a color correction effect of our choice; Tint may work just fine for what you want to do, or Hue/Saturation as Dennis suggested.
            4. Swivel down the Opacity for the black video clip, and change the Blend Mode to either Linear Dodge (Add) or Screen; they'll both knock out the black, but one will be "brighter" than the other.

This will let you tint the lens flare but will not affect the background video layer. If you're not on CS4, post back. There are other ways around it

• 3. Re: Lens Flare Colour Change.
              RDA972 Level 3

Yet another great tip, thanks a million Colin.

This is definitely what I call thinking outside the box.

I would be interested to know how you come up with such great tips and tricks.

Would you mind sharing such information with us?

• 4. Re: Lens Flare Colour Change.
                mishie927 Level 1

It worked with "tint" but then the background turned into that colour as you said. I can't seem to find "Hue/Saturation" in my effects anywhere? Not in the "Colour Correction Folder" or even search :S

Help please? Oh and yes it's CS4

• 5. Re: Lens Flare Colour Change.
                  Colin Brougham Level 6

Try Color Balance (HLS).

• 6. Re: Lens Flare Colour Change.
                    mishie927 Level 1

So what I did was insert a layer (text) from photoshop, put it into "video 1" then i inserted a black video into video 2 and changed the blend to "screen", what i was trying to achieve was put the flare over the text photoshop file but it seems the flare keeps going behind the text?

Help please?

Thank you!