5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2008 11:43 AM by Westsidebill

Embedding YouTube Videos

Westsidebill
      I have been playing around with embedding YouTube videos on one of my webpages. I have been able to embed a file with little problems (thanks to: http://www.dreamweavertutorial.net/tips/embed-youtube-videos-into-website-pt2/), however I want to make it a little "fancier". I have a list of several videos that I want visitors to be able to select from. I was hoping I could do a swap of a default image (movie screen, or whatever) on one side of the page, with whatever video visitors select from the list. The video list can be text, flash buttons, or whatever is easiest. Would anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this? Many Thanks, Westsidebill P.S. I am using DW CS3
        • 1. Re: Embedding YouTube Videos
          Level 7
          You could use an iframe. First, embed code for each YouTube video on it's
          own plain vanilla page. When link is selected by visitors, the appropriate
          video page loads inside the iframe.

http://www.dyn-web.com/tutorials/iframes/basics.php

--Nancy O.
          Alt-Web Design & Publishing
          www.alt-web.com

"Westsidebill" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g5pc9l$j6n$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I have been playing around with embedding YouTube videos on
          one of
          > my webpages. I have been able to embed a file with little problems
          (thanks to:
          >
          http://www.dreamweavertutorial.net/tips/embed-youtube-videos-into-website-pt2/),
          > however I want to make it a little "fancier". I have a list of several
          videos
          > that I want visitors to be able to select from. I was hoping I could do a
          swap
          > of a default image (movie screen, or whatever) on one side of the page,
          with
          > whatever video visitors select from the list. The video list can be text,
          > flash buttons, or whatever is easiest. Would anyone have any ideas on how
          to
          > accomplish this? Many Thanks, Westsidebill
          >

• 2. Re: Embedding YouTube Videos
            Level 7
            Hi.

Perhaps you could use this flash component. You put the adress of the
            Youtube videos in a xml file. The component change the player. I haven´t
            used but look good.
            The page is in spanish if you want download the component for try it click
            in "DESCARGAR COMPONENTE"

I translate you the Leeme.txt (Readme.txt) file:

1 Modify the XML with the paths of the videos we want show in our
            playlist.
            2 Upload all the files to our server. All in the same folder.
            3 Execute the file flashtube.html and ready!

POSIBLE PROBLEMS
            a Verify that our server support php.
            b Verify that our server have the CURL library (is the library that use the
            file get_t.php)

If you have any doubt comunicate with me in info@flashcenter.com.ar

Miguel.

"Westsidebill" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> escribió en el mensaje de
            noticias news:g5pc9l$j6n$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > I have been playing around with embedding YouTube videos on
            > one of
            > my webpages. I have been able to embed a file with little problems
            > (thanks to:
            > http://www.dreamweavertutorial.net/tips/embed-youtube-videos-into-website-pt2/),
            > however I want to make it a little "fancier". I have a list of several
            > videos
            > that I want visitors to be able to select from. I was hoping I could do a
            > swap
            > of a default image (movie screen, or whatever) on one side of the page,
            > with
            > whatever video visitors select from the list. The video list can be text,
            > flash buttons, or whatever is easiest. Would anyone have any ideas on how
            > to
            > accomplish this? Many Thanks, Westsidebill
            >

• 3. Re: Embedding YouTube Videos
              Westsidebill Level 1
              Thanks Nancy. I am working on this, but haven't quite figured out how to name the iFrame, so that I can set it as the target :(
              • 4. Re: Embedding YouTube Videos
                Level 7
                <iframe id="Frame1" name="Frame1" src="YouTubeVideo1.html" scrolling="auto"
                width="300" height="350" frameborder="1">Your browser doesn't support
                iframes, please upgrade to a modern browser.</iframe>

Link code:
                <a href="YouTubeVideo1.html" target="Frame1">Video 1</a>

--Nancy O.
                Alt-Web Design & Publishing
                www.alt-web.com

"Westsidebill" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:g5riaj$46i$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Thanks Nancy. I am working on this, but haven't quite figured out how to
                name the iFrame, so that I can set it as the target :(

• 5. Embedding YouTube Videos
                  Westsidebill Level 1
                  iframes and NANCY O rock!!! This worked great! Thanks for your help.