4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2009 9:15 PM by leolyd

Tools pad problems in beta2 version

leolyd

Here "Tools pad" refers to the pad at the top right corner in FC.

In FC beta2, the tools pad groups several basic shapes such as rectangle, round rectangel and ellipse into single button, which has an arrow at the corner indicating multiple choices available. In using this kind of button I find 2 problems, both are reproducible:

1. Difficult to click out the option list.

On the "arrow" area, the list wouldn't appear though I tried single click, double click, right click, double right click and even the middle wheel.

The only way to trigger it out was somehow tricky:   multiple left click + a few right click at the same time.

2. Tools pad inactivated to mouse click

After the option list came out for first time, the tools pad cannot respond to mouse click, i.e. I cannot change the mouse to "select" status or "text" status.

On the other hand, the note pad reacts to mouse over (doesn't help) and hot-key swtich (it helps as pressing "v" change mouse to "select" status).

Would you pls take a look into these? thanks

• 1. Re: Tools pad problems in beta2 version
          Tara Jane Feener Level 3

Hey Leolyd,

1) Does a left mouse press and hold down work for you? I can get the shapes menu to display everytime like this.  Let me know if it works for you, and I agree the hit area on the triangle button should be more sensitive to a click.  I will log this issue as a bug.

2) I can't reproduce this issue unfortunately.  These are the steps I was trying:

a) Click the rectangle tool button until the menu appears

b) Dismiss the rectangle button menu by clicking one of the options

c) Try and click the select tool button

Are those correct, or did I misunderstand a step?

Let me know, and thanks for the feedback,

Tara

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Tools pad problems in beta2 version
            leolyd Level 1

hi Tara,

Thanks for the quick reply. Just made a few more try.

1) Yes. "Mouse press and hold down" works. The list is called out properly.

2) Following the provided way in point 1, the tools pad works fine as you tried just now.

However, please try these steps

a) Use the mentioned tricky way to call out shape menu:     multiple left clicks with a few right clicks at the same time

b) Dismiss the rectangle button menu by clicking one of the options

c) Try and click the select tool button

After above action, suppose the case would be produced. The way to make it back to normal is re-opening the whole FC application.

• 3. Re: Tools pad problems in beta2 version
              Tara Jane Feener Level 3

Hey Leolyd,

I still can't reproduce the second one, the trick doesn't seem to be working for me, potentially because of a mouse which has definitely seen its days.

I'll try again and keep my eyes peeled for it when I'm back on my work machine, it definitely sounds like a bug.

I've logged a bug for better usability on the tools panel buttons with respect to mouse clicks on the submenu icon.

Please keep sending us your feedback,

Tara

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Tools pad problems in beta2 version
                leolyd Level 1

hi Tara,

I think I got a simple way to generate the case, please try this if you still want to produce the case at the moment:

Left click on the button and hold, right after that quickly make several right clicks (2~3 right clicks in around 1 second triggered the case in my machine; if not, please give more quick clicks).

Thanks for the note and reply.

Leo Long