4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2009 3:04 AM by VDOSurfer

Help me to find my way through the maze! pls

bombproofmedia

Hi all,

I need some help to find the best way to 'share' my movie in PE8.

Here are my details for this particular movie as i know this makes it easier.

CAMERA:  JVC GZ-HD7AA  ( i realised after i bought it that i probably made a bad decision but not much can be done now)

RECORD MODE: SP 1440 x 1080i (50i) VBR average 19mbs

PROJECT SETTINGS: HDV 1080i, 25FPS UFF Pixel Asp. Ratio: HD Anamorphic 1080 (1.333)

COMP: Intel Q9450 Quad, 2.66ghz, 1333 FSB, 4gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512mb GPU (doesn't seem to have any issues)

I want to (for the moment at least) get this onto you tube. I have tried a number of different presets all with varying resulting sizes from 20mb to 450mb

but they all seem to give me A movie that seems to have lines in it that look to me like interlacing issues. I can't for the life of me get rid of them, i think it is something to do with the codec?

For this example i have tried to make a quick time movie with a size of 640 x 360 with quite a few different options selected to try to fix it. I think i have produced 15 different versions so far and i soooo. don't know what i am doing that i think it better to get help than spend the next 6 days going around in circles.

Could someone please help me out if you can.

Any advice on the best way to create a) video for you tube with my camera and PE8

b) dvd with my camera and PE8.

I have tried the specific youtube feature on PE8 but to be honest the results are pretty poor (alot poorer than the ones i am getting now).

Thanks for any interest.

bendy

• 1. Re: Help me to find my way through the maze! pls
          bombproofmedia Level 1

OK,

I haver done what PAUL_LS said to do in this thread

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/389608?tstart=0 and it seems to have worked...although, the quality is less as expected.

My question to Paul_LS (hoping you might read) and others is 'it should be klikely that there is a work around ont this issue or presets that will mean i don't have to do this on every project. Could you guys or girls please comment on how i can avoid suffering a loss in qual. by selecting the right project settings and then the right presets to share'?

Cheers again for any advice.

bendy

• 2. Re: Help me to find my way through the maze! pls
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The biggest challenge, as we discuss often on this forum, is that YouTube keeps compressing and re-encoding your videos -- and, as the site becomes more popular, they keep doing it at a lower and lower quality.

But here's what fellow users have discovered will give you the best possible quality, from the FAQs to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390608?tstart=0

• 3. Re: Help me to find my way through the maze! pls
              bombproofmedia Level 1

Thanks steve!

I will try this in the morning when i get up (about to head off to bed as it is 1:20am here in australia) Have you any thoughts on the question b) in original post?

I have noticed that i select the project setting that is right for gz-hd7 but when i go to see project settings from the file menu it states that it is progressive not interlaced??? When i right click on a file in the timeline and go to field options it says none....is their a compatability issue that you or anyone else knows of?

It would be great to be able to produce movies that don't need to be de interlaced and hence suffer a loss in quality..not alot but i can pick up the difference (i think..unless i am seeing things because it is late ) grin.

cheers for any thoughts.

bendy

• 4. Re: Help me to find my way through the maze! pls
                VDOSurfer Level 3

For a)

Add the clips to the timeline and right click on it (don't know if it works for multiple..) and choose field options. Choose "Always Deinterlace", press Ok and let's hope that solves the problem for the youtube upload.

For b)

You could use NTSC Widescreen Dolby (or PAL, depending on the DVD player..); since the resolution ratio (call it aspect ratio) is 16:9.

And as mentioned earlier, the poor youtube quality could be (almost certainly is..) because of the additional transcoding that youtube has to do for storage onto its servers. You could try uploading a very high bitrate video and seeing the effect for yourself without involving the Premiere Elements app at all for starters.

Hope something helps!