2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2009 2:33 PM by the_wine_snob

DVD, bad Picture quality

reneoertel@gmx.ch Level 1

i have installed PE7. Now i burned my first DVD. The DVD contains only pictures. If i watch the DVD on my TV the quality of the pictures is not as good as the quality of the original pictures.

If i look the Original Pictures (Format .jpg) on my TV the quality of them is very good. What did i make wrong with my first DVD Project? Why the Quality of the Original Pictures and the pictures on the DVD is so different?

Can anyone help me?

René

• 1. Re: DVD, bad Picture quality
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As we often point out on this forum, video is only the equivalent of a 640x480 photo, so your photos are never going to look as detailed on a DVD or on your TV than the originals. However, there are ways to optimize your photos for best possible results.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/431851?tstart=0

Or is your issue more than the resolution of the images?

Also, if you plan to show your slideshow on a computer rather than on a TV, there are alternative programs that will leave your photos in relatively their original resolution. It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish and where you plan to display your slideshow.

• 2. Re: DVD, bad Picture quality
            the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE will give you some tips on resizing your still images for a DVD-Video Project.

Now, if you are playing the DVD-Video on an up-rezing set-top player to an HD TV, the resolution will not look as good, and you might want to consider doing a BD (Blu-ray Disc) Project instead of an SD DVD-Video.

If you wish to do just high rez slideshows, you might want to look into ProShow Gold, or their more powerful Producer program.

Good luck,

Hunt