any suggestions?? lol
the mxml is fine there is a problem with the actionscript file. try putting the actionscript into the script tag and then you will probably see the error
hey david, thanks for responding!!
i tried doing what u suggested, and i couldn't see any errors. but still the same warning.
any other suggestions?? lol
1 person found this helpful
I was having the same problem with a pure actionscript project that was nothing but an empty document class (so there was clearly no AS3 to blame here.) I went into my Project-> Properties, selected Actionscript Compiler and typed the following into "Additional Compiler Arguments" line:
It seemed to do the trick though I'm not sure what impact that has on the application's functionality, if any.
hey spencech... thanks for replying! and sorry about the late reply i tried what you suggested... it got rid of the warning, except now i get 2 errors saying
"unable to locate specified bas class "spark.component.Application" for component class "mainWindow"
and "unable to locate specified bas class "spark.component.Group" for component class "login"
oh by by the way... in my project properties i did not see an option that said actionscript compiler... except i did see a "flex compiler" so i just put the code from your post in there...
soo... im still stuck on this issue... to get rid of the warning i changed my flex compiler -> additional compiler argumets to -locale en_US --static-link-runtime-shared-libraries=true
and i end up getting the above error...
any help on this issue is greatly appretiated!!!
Sorry to be slow in responding to this, but these new errors are difficult to diagnose without looking at your class paths and configuration. I gather, as I'm sure you have, that the compiler is failing to locate some of the classes necessary to compile your application. I don't have experience with the spark components, so this is an issue that I haven't run into. When I've run into trouble compiling with the 4.0 sdk, it's been either because I was trying to use a class/component that had changed recently (this is the case with some of the TextLayoutFramework classes; some of the older tutorials on the web reference classes and properties that have changed in more recent builds), or because I wasn't compiling to Flash Player 10.
Sorry I can't be of more help here; but you might want to move this issue to a different/new thread since the compiler line fix described above did address the factoryClass issue.