We have been testing IE8 in our department and I needed to pose a question to the Acrobat Reader forum. I have since found the resolution. Before doing that I had to uninstall IE8 and take it back to IE7. I could get to adobe.com OK, but when I clicked on the support link to get to the Forums, Internet Explorer V 8 never fully displayed the page. There were items downloading that never downloaded and I finally had to use Task Manager to close the IE8 Windows. I did this several times before returning to IE7 just to get to the Acrobat Forums.
Are there some settings that need to be changed. I tried compatibility mode and that didn't work.