2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2009 11:00 AM by Jay B.

No Audio on PS3 when playing .wmv generated by PREL 7

Jay B.

Hello All,

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem:

• Made a 720p video with my Sanyo FH-1 (H.264/AVC)
      • Loaded footage into PREL7, edited, saved as a 720p .WMV
      • Output file plays back in WMP11 perfectly
      • Played output file from PREL on my PS3 - video looks fantastic - NO SOUND
      • Press the Information on the file on PS3 - it correctly ID's the video codec, but just a "-" for the audio codec

Is there a different setting I can make for the audio codec alone when rendering the video file from PREL7 to make it work on the PS3?

Thanks for any help...

Jay B.

PS - PREL 7 is handling the H.264/AVC 1080p files from the Sanyo very well. The output looks great!

• 1. Re: No Audio on PS3 when playing .wmv generated by PREL 7
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jay B

I am assuming that you are using the Premiere Elements 7 default settings Share/Personal Computer/Windows Media and then selecting preset = HD 720p30. When you do that the video codec = Windows Media Video 9 and the audio = Windows Media Audio 9.2. From what I have read PS3 supports AAC, WAV, MP3, and ATRAC. From what I have read, your audio would be of the Windows Media Audio type, and you would have to do some PS3 audio adjusts for that format:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/enablewma.html

Check it out.

Have you tried exporting your Timeline via Share/Personal Computer/Quicktime, using the Cable Modem preset and changing the settings under Advance Video and Audio tab. Look at H.264 for video and AAC for audio.

You mentioned success with H.264/AVC 1080p. What are the details for its export from Premiere Elements 7? What export type and preset did you use and what are the video and audio codec shown under the Advance Tab for that export?

ATR

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: No Audio on PS3 when playing .wmv generated by PREL 7
            Jay B. Level 1

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I had enabled the setting for WMA, which is why I am confused as to why the PS3 wouldn't play the audio. I am testing your suggestion on the .mov, I will let you know....