1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 19, 2009 9:59 PM by sfjedi

Make layer colour labels more powerful

photon poet

Two apparently simple changes would make the layer colour/color feature very useful.

I'm talking here about the colour label which can be assigned to a layer by rightclicking on a layer's show/hide eye.

1. allow several layers to be assigned a colour in one action.

For no apparent reason, the colours are greyed out if you rightclick with several layers/groups selected. When I'm colouring layers, it is to identify layers which have something in common. Selected several and then colouring them is far quicker and more natural than select one, colour it, select another, colour it... ad nauseum (and this is not something I need to do in a simple PSD, so I really do mean ad nauseum.)

2. add a command to select all layers of a particular colour.

The similar layers I labeled with a colour in point 1 often need the same changes made to them. If I could select all the red-labeled text layers and increase their size by a point, then select all the yellow-labeled shape layers and nudge them down a couple of pixels, then select all the green-labeled shape layers and apply a different layer style it would save me literally hours some weeks.

• 1. Re: Make layer colour labels more powerful
          sfjedi Level 1

I was unaware of this feature until today (very cool). Glad I learned something today.

photon poet wrote:

For no apparent reason, the colours are greyed out if you rightclick with several layers/groups selected.

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous and unacceptable.

I like this request and it seems simple enough to implement.