2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2008 11:47 PM by Karlhevera

Lightbox 2 -size & position of  image

Karlhevera Level 1
      By default, the new image opens in the centre of the page and is cropped to a default size. How can I adjust the code so that it opens at a specific location and expands to specific size, please? I want to use the code for single images of same size and to open always at the same location..
        • 1. Re: Lightbox 2 -size & position of  image
          Level 7
          Probably contact the developer who wrote lightbox. That would be a good
          place to start.

"Karlhevera" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g5v7tl$3hj$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > By default, the new image opens in the centre of the page and is cropped
          > to a
          > default size. How can I adjust the code so that it opens at a specific
          > location and expands to specific size, please? I want to use the code for
          > single images of same size and to open always at the same location..
          >
          >

• 2. Lightbox 2 -size &amp; position of  image
            Karlhevera Level 1
            thanks. they have a forum, named huddletogether, but that is pretty well useless. Although same problem has been posted many times, the developer and others have not replied.... Apparently, the developer is TOO BUSY to attend to trivia like replying to questions about his OWN product. Pretty poor... I say...Not everyone wants the box to open in the centre of the page..:-(( Hence my post here, in hope that someone might have the solution?

UPDATE at 16.00gmt. I have played around with the code in the lightbox.js file. Line 237 has a line :

this.lightbox.setStyle({ top: lightboxTop + 'px', left: lightboxLeft + 'px' }).show();

I have added couple values, which position the image exactly where I want it. As:

this.lightbox.setStyle({ top:160+ 'px', left:(-100+lightboxLeft)+ 'px' }).show();

However, I am still looking for the code which gets the image's dimensions.... Maybe, there is no such a thing, as the enlarged images are always shown the same size; they are increased/decreased to the default value...

Any ideas, please?

UPDATE: That's all sorted. But as a result, the 'close' and 'load' images are now showing far, far too big and in wrong position...