Don't render first before exporting. Go back into your project and
select Sequence|Delete Render Files. Then export.
Quicktime format caveat: some QT exports from Pr will not play correctly
in QT Player, but they will in other players that can handle QT .mov
files. Case in point: H.264 exports using the iPod presets.
That didn't work - I'm getting the same problem. I started rendering in the first place because this problem started appearing and I though that it would cure it.
Any other ideas?
At least can someone tell me how to clear the cache? - it can't hurt.
I think this is what you are asking: Go to "File" / "Prefences" / "Media" / "Clean Media Cashe files" / "Ok".
Holey MOLEY! There was 32Gb in there. The precise instructions you offered, zjimbo, didn't help on their own but I went looking for the folder where the cashe files are kept and deleted the lot then tried rendering again.
It still counts up ... where does it get the number from?!? ... anyway, now Media Encoder won't encode at all - it freezes at the "Loading "....."" stage. Going back to the oiginal problem - do you think this will solve the output failure for me?
How long do you wait before you decide it has 'frozen'? AME can take some time when working with GOP media (as you are) before it actually starts to show progress.
Jim Simon - you're quite right - I did not wait long enough (I thought over 5 minutes was long enough ...).
The problem still persists - 1st export is fine, second a bit jittery, third and onwards multi-coloured lines and unusable.
Before anyone else responds, please read the original posting first - I know how these threads can get distracted :-)
1st export is fine, second a bit jittery, third and onwards multi-coloured lines and unusable.
That part I've not heard of before. I can't think of anything that might cause it. My suspicion is that you may have to reinstall.
This is now the third re-install since the problem first appeared, so I'm dubious as to whether another install will do much.
I've now deleted the Cashe files, the Temp files and cleaned the media cache. I've tried different names, different output formats, different output folders and even different input folders. Nothing helps so far.
Still looking for ideas.
Don't just reinstall the Adobe suite. Wipe the hard drive and reinstall everything from the OS on up.