Hi--couldn't agree with you more. I went to "Date and Time," noted that it was set correctly; but I "locked" it to prevent any changes. Alas, it didn't make any difference. I STILL get that awful "Error getting license. . ." message. I guess I don't know what the "Go" menu is--didn't see that.
How about another two cents?
I know squat about a Mac, so I can't comment on how to set the time and
date. I can comment, however, on ADE.
Putting it into perspective, Adobe got into the digital publishing arena
early, with its Portable Document Format. As the industry developed, the
industry formulated specifications for an 'electronic publishing' format,
and Adobe created the .epub file format to those specifications. As the
industry developed, Adobe developed software that implemented digital
rights to publications (DRM) via its Content Server software. So, Adobe is
part of the landscape for digital publications.
Libraries, publishers, authors and distributors all use software that
implements the Adobe framework to distribute ebooks. You don't HAVE to use
Adobe Digital Editions to interface with your local library, but you do
have to use software that utilizes the Adobe framework. You could use
Calibre, Bluefire Reader or Overdrive, which is probably the program the
library uses. All of these will work.
To be fair, Digital Editions is intended to simplify the process (you be
the judge) and let an individual interface with external ebook sources AND
manage a library of ebooks. Most users in the Windows world have few if any
problems with it. And the Mac version works well also - IF you get your
computer's settings squared away....
OK, I solved it for my Windows laptop. I clicked on the time on the bottom right of the screen, and clicked "change date and time settings". Then there are two options. "Change Date and Time". I set the time 3 hours later, and then tried again to activate. It worked.
Previously I had tried to "Change Time Zone". That didn't work.
Hope this helps.
Thank you SO much. I'll keep your e-mail. . .
That did it for windows, I also had tried changing time zone with no success. Set the time 3 hours later and was able to authorize. What a pain in the butt that was!
Thanks so much!!
This worked for me. Thank you very much for taking the time to post it.