1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 16, 2009 8:54 AM by Heath Bishop

Need to make "play" button for embedded FLV disappear when movie starts playing

jeddy00000

I can't believe how impossible it has been to find info about this. I'm sort of a beginner with actionscript, but this shouldn't be as hard as I'm finding it to be.

I'm using AS2. I have an ordinary FLV video playing with one of the skins that comes with the Flash software (CS3). That all works perfectly fine. What I need to do, however, is add a large "PLAY" button over top of the movie. I have made that work also. But, I need the button to disappear when the movie starts playing, because it is obviously in the way and making it hard to view the video.

Some forums suggested making that button disappear when it is clicked. That would be fine, except that the video player skin also has a play button, and if someone clicks that button instead of my new large button, I still need the large button to disappear.

So what I'm trying to figure out how to do is something like:   if the FLV is playing, make this object (the button) disappear or become invisible. This can't be that difficult!