3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2009 10:40 PM by David_F57

complete flex 3 to 4 migration guide?

ilsh Level 1

I have a moderately large AIR project developed in flex 3. I tried to migrate to flash builder 4 (import the project folder) and got tons of errors. Besides, it seems fb4 doesn't recognize my project is an AIR project. I wonder if the flex team can provide a complete migration guide to make the migration easier. Thanks.

• 1. Re: complete flex 3 to 4 migration guide?
          David_F57 Level 5

Simply importing an air project into FB4 beta2 shouldn't cause to many issues it should still bring it in as an mx WindowedApplication, the last air project I imported had over 70,000 lines of code and some 2,500 files and the only problem was an extended  graphics component.

Don't move the project folder into your workspace it needs to be imported from its original FB3 workspace, unlike FB3 when you import a project it doesn't move the project into your current workspace it just updates the settings of the project folder so its an idea to back things up before importing.

David

• 2. Re: complete flex 3 to 4 migration guide?
            ilsh Level 1

Thank you, David. It's better news to hear you are able to import. My application is mx.Application (instead of WindowedApplication), maybe that's the problem? Anyway, I need to experiment the import.

• 3. Re: complete flex 3 to 4 migration guide?
              David_F57 Level 5

You mentioned an air app so that should import as a mx:windowedApplication, If you are importing an mx:application then it should import as that, if you are wanting to convert it to mx:windowedapp from mxApp FB4 can do that for you.

David