10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2010 3:23 AM by VDOSurfer

Audio slippage

Nextstopproduct Level 1

Can anyone help please, I am using Premiere Elements 7, I have edited my production and it plays fine in the computer until it is burnt off, and then when you play the burnt DVD back the sound track is out of sync, any ideas how to correct this.

Cheers

• 1. Re: Audio slippage
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This is generally the result of an incompatible (or partially incompatible) video format being used as your source file. (It oftens happens when you import MPEGs and VOBs into Premiere Elements.)

What type of camcorder did this video come from and how did you get it into your computer?

• 2. Re: Audio slippage
            Nextstopproduct Level 1

Hi

The footage was transfered into the computer via afirewire cable from a Sony HD camcorder, this is the first time it has happened, he footage plays back ok in the computer but slips when burnt.

• 3. Re: Audio slippage

Is an HD camcorder an HDV camcorder (tape-based), a hard drive camcorder or an AVHCD camcorder (hi-def video on a hard drive)?

It makes a big difference, although you'll be ahead of the game if you've got your Premiere Elements project set up to correct project specs for whatever you're using as source video.

• 4. Re: Audio slippage
                Nextstopproduct Level 1

Hi

I use both HDV Tape and HDV Hardrive camcorder, the footageplays ok in the rendered state in the computer but slips in places when burnt.

• 5. Re: Audio slippage

You've got video coming from two different sources?

Which project preset are you using?

Are you using a different project preset for each camcorder's video?

• 6. Re: Audio slippage
                    Nextstopproduct Level 1

Hi

Sorry to be a pain. The camcorder is the Sony AVCHD, this is the first time I have experienced this problem since using these two cameras for the past 7 months, The setting I use in Adobe is the HDV PAL 1080I-25.

I have produced and edited lots of footage with combined footage and never suffered with this before, I have got used to the footage being on separate timelines, i can live with that but when you need a project quick and the audio slips in places its frustrating. I really appreciate your help.

• 7. Re: Audio slippage

For AVCHD footage you should NOT be using the HDV project preset. You should be using the AVCHD preset and, if your camcorder records in 5.1 audio, it's important you use that preset also.

Meantime, if, as you add footage to your timeline, you see a red line above your clips, be sure to render it by pressing Enter. (The red line will turn green.) This will improve your performance and give you a more true look at how your final playback will look.

1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Audio slippage
                        Nextstopproduct Level 1

Hi

Many thanks for all your help, so basically don't mix the 2.

Right back to the drawing board and perhaps change of Camcorder to the tape variety.

Many thanks again for all your help

Cheers

Daryl

• 9. Re: Audio slippage
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Daryl,

Unfortunately, PrE does not allow for the easy mixing of source footage. The Project's Preset must match the source footage. With two different types, one does need to do two separate Project, using the correct Preset for each.

Now, PrPro CS4 will allow for mixing of source footage, as it will allow one to set up a different Project Sequence (think of mini-Projects within one "master" Project). This was added with CS4, and going back to just CS3, one had to do a separate Project for each - though one still had Sequences, just not "different" settings for each Sequence.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Audio slippage
                            VDOSurfer Level 3

You could even try exporting footages from both projects separately to DV-AVI and then importing the DV AVI together into a PAL STD project setting. Burn from here, and hopefully you should not see any issues.