Copied

Hi,
I have the following question:
The structure to build the documentation that I have adopted include:

\Project Robohelp Father

\Robohelp Project Child 1
      \Robohelp Project Child 2
      \Robohelp Project Child 3

The TOC project Father points to the files of the projects children that are compiled in the same directory. The search tool only finds topics in the parent project, as it refers to the files from the whgdata this project. Would be possible to transfer the contents of the project whgdata children to the same folder in the parent project?

Tks,

Fernanda.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 16, 2009 Oct 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, absolutely not. Your folder structure for a merged WebHelp project should be as seen below. Are you generating the children properly?

Source folders:

Father

projects

Child 1

Child 2

Child 3

Output folders:

Father (including Father wh* folders)

mergedProjects

Child 1 (including Child 1 wh* folders)

Child 2 (including Child 2 wh* folders)

Child 3 (including Child 3 wh* folders)

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2009 Oct 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I'm not using the Merged Project because that way I have to display the TOC of the child project. For my project that is not possible,
in my TOC files should be viewed as follows:

Introduction
     Topic Child Project 1 Introduction
     Topic Child Project 2 Introduction
     Topic Child Project 3 Introduction

Development
     Topic Child Project 1 Development
     Topic Child Project 2 Development
     Topic Child Project 3 Development
Item 3
     Item 3 Project 1
     Item 3 Project 2

If when using the Merged Project had a way to change the TOC my problem would be solved. In fact we had to separate a large project into several smaller projects because the glossary of terms Robohelp does not support duplicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2009 Oct 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have an introduction with multiple child projects and development with multiple child projects. That looks like you are trying to merged various merged projects which cannot be done

Do you really need multiple projects for just an introduction? Multiple topics yes but multiple projects seems excessive.

If you follow the method of merging described on my site and also outlined by Leon, using just one merge as in your first post, then RoboHelp will create one search for the parent project and the child projects.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp