5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2009 4:08 PM by the_wine_snob

Rendered media no longer shows video?

learnit10

After rendering the sequence in the timeline, the audio will play but the video does not show. How might this be fixed?

Premiere Pro CS4

MacBook Pro: Snow Leopard

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Rendered media no longer shows video?
          Jim_Simon Level 8

What kind of media?

What sequence settings?

What does show?

Snow Leopard has been reported as causing issues.  Can you revert back?

• 2. Re: Rendered media no longer shows video?
            learnit10 Level 1

The source video is from a basic point and shoot camera: a .MOV file, jpeg codec, 10fps, 640x480 resolution.

I'm not sure how to answer the question about the sequence settings (I'm new to this), but I can say that the timeline includes video, audio, titles, and transitions.

What DOES show is the border of one of the transitions swiping across the screen. Other than that, the playback is black.

I started with Snow Leopard and would really like to avoid going to Leopard.

Any ideas? Thank you again!

• 3. Re: Rendered media no longer shows video?
              Jim_Simon Level 8

The source video is from a basic point and shoot camera: a .MOV file, jpeg codec, 10fps, 640x480 resolution.

That's likely a still camera or cell phone.  My general recommendation for Premiere is to only shoot video with a real video camera, preferably MiniDV or DVCPRO HD.  There are consumer apps better suited to your media.

• 4. Re: Rendered media no longer shows video?
                learnit10 Level 1

Solution:

I copied the entire rendered timeline and pasted it in a new sequence. I rendered the new sequence and this time it worked fine. Maybe something just went wrong during the rendering process the first time...

• 5. Re: Rendered media no longer shows video?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Glad that you got it sorted. Sounds like you have an MJPEG in a .MOV "wrapper." Not sure which MJPEG CODEC you have, but many folk have good luck with Morgan, or MainConcept MJPEG. Do not know if they are available for Mac.

Also, I'd watch closely for Snow Leopard updates, as Jim is correct in the current release causing all sorts of issues with PrPro and Encore. Apple is supposedly working on an update. If it does fix the Adobe issues, I'd install it instantly.

Good luck,

Hunt