5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2008 3:13 PM by bregent

Word Wrap Not Working

Level 7
      I cannot seem to get text to wrap at all anywhere in DW. And container
      simply expands the text line whether it be a table, an AP Div, etc. I've
      tried using both default styles rules and imported ones. I have "no wrap"
      unchecked and my containers are of fixed size. I am new to DW and I am sure
      there is a simple answer here, but I have been trying all night and am
      stumped. Thanks for help on this.

• 1. Re: Word Wrap Not Working
          Level 7
          Copy the entire page's code and paste it here. What you are describing makes
          no sense but seeing the code is the only way to determine what you have done
          wrong.

--

Walt

"TJD" <TJDanon@cox.net> wrote in message
          news:g5c5u6$qtv$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I cannot seem to get text to wrap at all anywhere in DW. And container
          >simply expands the text line whether it be a table, an AP Div, etc. I've
          >tried using both default styles rules and imported ones. I have "no wrap"
          >unchecked and my containers are of fixed size. I am new to DW and I am sure
          >there is a simple answer here, but I have been trying all night and am
          >stumped. Thanks for help on this.

• 2. Re: Word Wrap Not Working
            bregent Most Valuable Participant
            >I cannot seem to get text to wrap at all anywhere in DW.

Does your text contain whitespace? Text can only wrap on whitespace.
            • 3. Re: Word Wrap Not Working
              Level 7
              That was it! No whitespace! Who would have thought that? I was using the
              repeat key to test for word wrap (as I do in all other programs), but in DW
              any single line of no-whitespace characters seems to expand any surrounding
              box no matter what the box settings. Thanks for the perfect answer to my
              question. All is fine now.

"bregent" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:g5c94s$n6$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > >I cannot seem to get text to wrap at all anywhere in DW.
              >
              > Does your text contain whitespace? Text can only wrap on whitespace.

• 4. Re: Word Wrap Not Working
                Level 7
                Thanks, Walt, but see my reply post below. Seems the answer was much simpler
                (as I figured it would be). Tom

"Walt F. Schaefer" <walt@waltswebworx.com> wrote in message
                news:g5c664$r7k$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Copy the entire page's code and paste it here. What you are describing
                > makes no sense but seeing the code is the only way to determine what you
                > have done wrong.
                >
                > --
                >
                > Walt
                >
                >
                > "TJD" <TJDanon@cox.net> wrote in message
                > news:g5c5u6$qtv$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                >>I cannot seem to get text to wrap at all anywhere in DW. And container
                >>simply expands the text line whether it be a table, an AP Div, etc. I've
                >>tried using both default styles rules and imported ones. I have "no wrap"
                >>unchecked and my containers are of fixed size. I am new to DW and I am
                >>sure there is a simple answer here, but I have been trying all night and
                >>am stumped. Thanks for help on this.
                >
                >

• 5. Re: Word Wrap Not Working
                  bregent Most Valuable Participant
                  >but in DW any single line of no-whitespace characters seems to expand any surrounding
                  >box no matter what the box settings.

Just so you are clear on this, it has nothing to do with Dreamweaver or any DW settings. This is how html works.