2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2009 9:21 PM by Carl Spackler

Getting a swf to automatically open full screen

Carl Spackler

I'm building a flash file in action script 2.0, and it works great except for one thing.  I'm publishing it as an .exe file, and when you open the .exe, it opens in a partial window and is partially off screen.  I'd like the .exe file to automatically open full screen every time.  Does someone have AS2 code for the flash file that would make this happen, or is there a way to accomplish this in the .exe file itself?

Thanks,

Carl

• 1. Re: Getting a swf to automatically open full screen
          roshankolar

Hi Carl,

Basically you want the flash exe to be full screen when you double clik on it, righto? For this add the following code to the first frame, first scene of your flash.

fscommand("fullscreen", "true");

Now publish the file as .exe and try running it. It will run in fullscreen. And remember to keep an exit option since its running fullscreen, for this you will need this below code on a button click event.

fscommand("quit", "true");

//or

fscommand("quit");

try this.

• 2. Re: Getting a swf to automatically open full screen
            Carl Spackler Level 1

I tried your code, and it worked just as you said.  Then I realized full screen isn't what I really needed.  What I really need is for the swf to open in a full sized window (just as if you click the full size window symbol in the upper right corner of a window).  Is there such a thing as an fscommand fullwindow?

Carl