1 2 3 Previous Next 197 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2009 6:45 PM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing

DougWeir Level 1

Hello,

I was really looking forward to the new Premiere Elements 8, downloaded the trial and....it keeps closing with no error when I am editing very simple videos.  The other thing it does is it will crash sometimes and come up with the Adobe Send Error dialog box.  I have checked other posts and looked at some things like making sure I have the latest Quicktime and I did download the latest Nvidia driver as well.  Thought that it fixed it but nope, had another unexplained crash/closing last night.  I am running Windows 7 RC but dont know if that is the problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Oh, and my system is a quadcore and 8 gb of ram, so it should have enough power.

Doug

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Try launching the program while holding down the Shift key to clear the cache.

If that still doesn't improve performance, I encourage you to contact Adobe Tech Support. Not only will they likely be able to walk you through some troubleshooting, but contacting them will help alert them to the fact that people are having trouble with this program.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
            DougWeir Level 1

Here is the error I am getting in the Event Viewer:

Log Name:      Application
            Source:        Windows Error Reporting
            Date:          10/17/2009 8:23:10 AM
            Event ID:      1001
            Task Category: None
            Level:         Information
            Keywords:      Classic
            User:          N/A
            Computer:      yosemite
            Description:
            Fault bucket 775789087, type 5
            Event Name: BEX
            Response: Not available
            Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
            P1: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe
            P2: 8.0.0.0
            P3: 4aa5c87c
            P4: nvSCPAPI.dll_unloaded
            P5: 0.0.0.0
            P6: 4abff864
            P7: 4a315d3c
            P8: c0000005
            P9: 00000008
            P10:

Attached files:
            C:\Users\dougandtera\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1678.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
            C:\Users\dougandtera\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Adobe Premiere E_d75a8136f44c0e94144de7cb38aaefbbfb2ec10_088455e7

Analysis symbol:
            Rechecking for solution: 0
            Report Id: f023e976-bb30-11de-bf49-005056c00008
            Report Status: 0
            Event Xml:
            <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
              <System>
                <Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />
                <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>
                <Level>4</Level>
                <Task>0</Task>
                <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
                <TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-10-17T15:23:10.000000000Z" />
                <EventRecordID>8291</EventRecordID>
                <Channel>Application</Channel>
                <Computer>yosemite</Computer>
                <Security />
              </System>
              <EventData>
                <Data>775789087</Data>
                <Data>5</Data>
                <Data>BEX</Data>
                <Data>Not available</Data>
                <Data>0</Data>
                <Data>Adobe Premiere Elements.exe</Data>
                <Data>8.0.0.0</Data>
                <Data>4aa5c87c</Data>
                <Data>nvSCPAPI.dll_unloaded</Data>
                <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
                <Data>4abff864</Data>
                <Data>4a315d3c</Data>
                <Data>c0000005</Data>
                <Data>00000008</Data>
                <Data>
                </Data>
                <Data>
            C:\Users\dougandtera\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1678.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml</Data>
                <Data>C:\Users\dougandtera\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Ado be Premiere E_d75a8136f44c0e94144de7cb38aaefbbfb2ec10_088455e7</Data>
                <Data>
                </Data>
                <Data>0</Data>
                <Data>f023e976-bb30-11de-bf49-005056c00008</Data>
                <Data>0</Data>
              </EventData>
            </Event>

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
              DougWeir Level 1

And a different kind of error, I can really reproduce the error by putting two clips in the timeline, and then trying to do a transition between them

Log Name:      Application
              Source:        Application Error
              Date:          10/17/2009 8:27:12 AM
              Event ID:      1000
              Task Category: (100)
              Level:         Error
              Keywords:      Classic
              User:          N/A
              Computer:      yosemite
              Description:
              Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, version: 8.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4aa5c87c
              Faulting module name: nvSCPAPI.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4abff864
              Exception code: 0xc0000005
              Fault offset: 0x44405c97
              Faulting process id: 0x1194
              Faulting application start time: 0x01ca4f3e1c286b32
              Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe
              Faulting module path: nvSCPAPI.dll
              Report Id: 8a7d8c95-bb31-11de-bf49-005056c00008
              Event Xml:
              <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
                <System>
                  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
                  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
                  <Level>2</Level>
                  <Task>100</Task>
                  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
                  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-10-17T15:27:12.000000000Z" />
                  <EventRecordID>8292</EventRecordID>
                  <Channel>Application</Channel>
                  <Computer>yosemite</Computer>
                  <Security />
                </System>
                <EventData>
                  <Data>Adobe Premiere Elements.exe</Data>
                  <Data>8.0.0.0</Data>
                  <Data>4aa5c87c</Data>
                  <Data>nvSCPAPI.dll_unloaded</Data>
                  <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
                  <Data>4abff864</Data>
                  <Data>c0000005</Data>
                  <Data>44405c97</Data>
                  <Data>1194</Data>
                  <Data>01ca4f3e1c286b32</Data>
                  <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe</Data>
                  <Data>nvSCPAPI.dll</Data>
                  <Data>8a7d8c95-bb31-11de-bf49-005056c00008</Data>
                </EventData>
              </Event>

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                DougWeir Level 1

Just tried that and no go.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I encourage you to contact Adobe Tech Support. Not only will they likely be able to walk you through some troubleshooting, but contacting them will help alert them to the fact that people are having trouble with this program.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                    DougWeir Level 1

Some new information:

I installed PE8 on my laptop, and it seems to be working fine, at least right now.  I will keep testing.  Now, how to figure out what is going on with my main computer.

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE might give you some "clues," as to what is happening with the crashes on the other computer. Look carefully for all error and warning messages at the time of the program crash.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                        zhunami

Hi Doug.

I'm having the exact same issue and I posted about it in another thread. After doing some research I realized that the file crashing "nvSCPAPI.dll_unloaded" is related to an NVIDIA driver. Even with the latest drivers it still crashes. I found out that the nvSCPAP.DLL file is related to the NVIDIA 3D driver. You can actually just uninstall this driver and leave the core nvidia drivers installed.

After doing this, I've been able to edit movies without any crashing so far.

I think Adobe and NVIDIA need to work a little better together to get this resolved. I'm also on the trial and would like to make sure it will continue to work before I make the purchase.

Hope this helps,

Mike

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                          DougWeir Level 1

Mike,

Thanks for the reply.  How did you find this out?  Also, if you remove the 3d driver, doesnt that make it impossible to play 3d games?  Also, can you put a link to the other thread regarding this?

Thanks

Doug

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                            nealeh Level 5

DougWeir wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  How did you find this out?

These forums have several discussions about this problem. The one that has most posts is Premiere Elements 7 closes opening Transitions

DougWeir wrote:

Also, if you remove the 3d driver, doesnt that make it impossible to play 3d games?

If you mean the stereo 3D games - http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Overview.html - then probably the game would revert to 2D. However the fact that the 3D driver can be independently uninstalled you may have to install the driver when you want to play 3D and uninstall when you want to use Premiere Elements. You can access the 3D driver install program by opening the main driver file with 7-Zip and extract the 3D installer file 3DVision_191.07.exe.

You could also try renaming the the 3D driver before starting PrEl7 and revert it when finished to see if that works

Cheers,
                            --
                            Neale
                            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                              zhunami Level 1

Doug,

As Nealeh mentioned, the NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Drivers are only for games or applications that use the 3D vision headset (http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Overview.html). I personally don't know too many that do (then again, I'm not a gamer), so these drivers will stay uninstalled for me. Hopefully someone at Adobe will see thread and try to correct this issue with NVIDIA.

Here is the other thread.  http://forums.adobe.com/message/2321556#2321556

Mike

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                andy1946569

Hello chaps,

Yup I'm getting the same problem.

In fact my list of issues with this software is...

• Repeated and random crashing
                                • Time stretch tool works only occasionally, I can bypass this with the right-click alternative
                                • PRE8 won't launch and open a project simultaneously, I have to select the file once it has opened, despite choosing it from the menu. It might be getting tripped up by the serial no request screen

This is what I have so far and I've only been using it for a couple of days. I have read in Amazon reviews that there is a fundamental flaw in that it does now fully utilise 64bit operating systems.

Anyway, my faith in this product is rocky and I'm not ready to shell out my money. Any news on product fixes? Afterall I feel very reluctant in messing about with my installed drivers, etc to fix Adobe's oversights.

Andy

Quad Core, 4md ram, Vista64

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                                  This is what I have so far and I've only been using it for a couple of days. I have read in Amazon reviews that there is a fundamental flaw in that it does now fully utilise 64bit operating systems.

This is not a "flaw." It might not be what some users, or potential users want, but the program is still designed as a 32-bit application.

PrPro CS5 will be released as a 64-bit-only application. I would assume that PrE will follow suit in time. One big problem is that considering the user-base for PrE, having a 64-bit-only app. would be an issue, as it would preclude the use of a 32-bit OS, something that many will still probably be on.

This happened with the adoption of the SSE2 instruction set. It meant that older AMD CPU's could never run PrE, and there was an outcry, even though the improvement in PrE was very good.

With PrPro, it's less of a concern, as more users are on custom-built editing machines and have been fairly quick to adopt 64-bit OS's.

Hunt

• 14. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                    DougWeir Level 1

Okay, so I am really torn with buying this program.  There is a $30 rebate from Adobe and Amazon and want to take advantage of it but am worried about the program stability.  I did remove the 3d Stereovision driver and that seemed to fix it but hope that it would get fixed in the future.  I also tried some 3d games and those seem to work fine.  I don't think I will be buying 3D glasses anwyays.  I also understand that this is affecting PRpro versions too.

What do you think?  Time to buy?

Doug

• 15. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Doug,

I wish that I could help you. I do not have PrE 8. I am still on PrE 4, and PrPro 2.0.

There have been some changes with PrE 8. AT Romero has done a great job of cataloging his impressions on PrE 8. His many articles make for great reading, and I strongly suggest that anyone considering the purchase of PrE 8 read them and weigh his comments against their intended workflow.

As for the nVidia modules, they are causing similar problems with the PrPro community, and for the same reasons.

If you find that the workflow of PrE 8 fits your needs, and the deactivation of the nVidia modules do not affect you negatively, then after reading ATR's comments, I'd say go for it.

I'll likely not be upgrading, as I will probably trade in my PrPro 2.0 for either CS4.2, or CS5 (along with a new workstation). Remember however, that I do not do any gaming, and am only interested in the NLE, and image processing aspects of a workstation - a different situation.

Good luck with your decison.

Hunt

• 16. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                        zhunami Level 1

I'm also torn about purchasing this software. Now that I have it stable, I will spend some more time with it over the weekend and probably check out a few others too, but I really like the UI in Pre and on how easy it is to use. Pre actually looks and feels just like the software that came with my Panasonic camcorder which was really easy to use. $30 rebate is a bonus too, thanks!

I really do hope Adobe fixes this driver issue but I don't think they will. I shouldn't have to report the issue, I'm not even a paying customer yet. These are their forums and should have moderators monitoring these threads. They are the ones that should bring it up to their development team or someone that can look into it, or get someone from Adobe to come read this thread and give their input on it.

I know it was mentioned that it's not Adobe's problem that it crashes but I beg to differ. I personally think that it is an Adobe issue. If Pre doesn't support the 3D drivers or need them, why is it trying to load them in the first place?

Mike

• 17. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                          the_wine_snob Level 9
                                          I know it was mentioned that it's not Adobe's problem that it crashes but I beg to differ. I personally think that it is an Adobe issue. If Pre doesn't support the 3D drivers or need them, why is it trying to load them in the first place?

Here we differ. The older nVidia drivers, without the PhysX and 3D Stereovision moudles ran fine. nVidia added these "enhancements," and now PrE and PrPro will not run. The same thing happened with QuickTime back at the 7.4.x update. The new QT crashed almost all Adobe programs. It took Apple three tries, to get out a version of QT that played nice with Adobe programs - version 7.5.5.

When Adobe programs run on one version of a program, or a driver, but then an update kills the programs, it should be the responsibility of the vendor to:

A.) test their update with Adobe programs, because so many use them

B.) immediately develop and release a new update, that runs with Adobe programs

This would be especially true with nVidia, as they and Adobe have worked so closely on the CUDA project. Unfortunately, about the time that they teamed up, nVidia's drivers have caused all sorts of problems with many Adobe products, and not just PrE. I'm talking about PrPro, PS, AI and AfterEffects too. That's probably a combined install-base of over 10M users, who are affected by this. Many are jumping ship to ATI cards, though the potential exists for their drivers to cause problems too. It seems that this just has not happened yet.

Now, in a perfect world, all programs would work perfectly with all updated products and drivers. Unfortunately, it does not seem like it's going to happen.

Good luck making your decisons on purchase. If you have not seen AT Romero's in-depth reports from the field on PrE 8, I strongly recommend that you read all of his articles.

Hunt

• 18. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                            DougWeir Level 1

Okay, again, Maybe I am missing something or havent tested everything but it seems that as soon as I removed the 3D Stereovision drivers(which I think are only needed for the special 3D glasses), it fixes the crashing problem when looking at "Transitions" or using transitions.  And, that the Nvidia core drivers sitll work with everything else.  I have not tested 3D games except one, Call of Duty 4 but seemed to run find.

I don't plan on getting 3D glasses so as long as the core drivers work, wouldn't that be okay?

Am I missing something?

Doug

• 19. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                              andy1946569 Level 1

"AT Romero has done a great job of cataloging his impressions on PrE 8"

Hello TWS, can you point me in the right direction for this please... Google couldn't help me.

Thanks, Andy

• 20. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                the_wine_snob Level 9
                                                These are their forums and should have moderators monitoring these threads. They are the ones that should bring it up to their development team or someone that can look into it, or get someone from Adobe to come read this thread and give their input on it.

Here we agree, though not on the exact details. The MOD's on these fora are volunteers. They are mostly power users, who have businesses and lives far beyond the Adobe fora. They give freely of their time, both answering questions and helping to keep the fora running perfectly. None is an employee and none gets any compensation, other than added responsibility and a Moderator's Console to correct things on the fora.

Other than that point, we are in sync. Especially with a new release of PrE, I feel that there should be an Adobe presence here. Someone from development should be assigned to furnish info on working with the new program, sort out problems and offer suggestions on how to run it to the max. The PrPro forum is very fortunate in that an Adobe employee has showed up and is now a major contributor. I do not know if the forum is part of his "assignment," or if he has just decided to spend time on the forum, contributing. To date, he has furnished tons of great info on upcoming updates and even on CS5, which is still under development. I hope he gets some extra compensation for his efforts and also full support from Adobe.

The Photoshop has Chris Cox, one of the original developers of the program. I do not know if Chris is there out of love for the program, or as part of his work at Adobe. It's really moot, as his contributions are wonderful, whether he does it out of altruism, or because it's part of his job - the result is the same - a benefit for all forum subscribers.

One of the big pluses to having someone from the development team would be that we do not spend countless hours of trying to troubleshoot problems, when some simple tweak, fix or change would take care of it. As we are but lowly users, we have to rely on what we have experienced, read, or encountered elsewhere. None of us really knows what is "under the hood." Even Steve G., our MOD, is on the development team. Now, he probably does get his hands on the beta of every version, as soon as possible, but other than maybe some tips from Adobe, he doesn't have access to the code. His knowledge is built on his experience and a sharp mind to figure out how the thing works. Same for AT Romero. While he gets his copies, as do the rest, he has torn into PrE 8 with a critical and analytical eye and published his observations, built on years of experience with PrE and with NLE work in general. Both are invaluable assets, but with a simple Adobe presence, both could be greatly aided. Going back up to Chris Cox and the PS forum: I've been a power-user of PS from the instant that it hit the PC about 20 years ago. I've done most of what PS can do at one time or another. Still, there are times that I speculate on something in that program, only to have Chris come forward and correct me, explaining exactly what the code does and how it does it. I never fail to learn something new about a program that I have used extensively for about two decades - a little Adobe inside info goes a very long way.

I would also strongly urge Adobe to assign a rep. to this forum, especially now. I would hope that this person is on the development team and not from marketing or elsewhere. I would also hope that this person has actually used the new version in real-world situations, as there are often major differences between the lab and the Projects that people actually produce.

I realize that there is a major price-point difference between PrE and PS, PrPro, AfterEffects, etc., but the install-base, or potential install-base is much greater for PrE. For Adobe, the unit profit is potentially smaller, but the volume is much, much greater.

I support your contention that Adobe needs to be here. If they show up, I would strongly urge the forum to be respectful of their time, as they are probably doing this out of the goodness of their heart - though Adobe COULD add a little something to their paycheck. If someone does show up, I'd hope that the subscribers would ask only technical questions and keep any personal feelings about Adobe products to themselves. There should also be respect for the material that this representative could not share for various reasons.

Going back some years, we were blessed by the presence of an Adobe employee, Wil Renczes, in the PrPro forum. Some people spent a great deal of time yelling at Wil for things that Adobe had done, or not done. Hours of typing went into telling him how much better Avid, or FCP were, compared to Adobe. They demanded to know what the next version would hold. One day, Wil didn't come around anymore. The forum had lost a most valuable asset. My guess was that it just ceased to be fun for Wil anymore and he chucked the whole idea. I hope that the same does not happen with our Adobe representative, Dennis, this time around.

Just some observations,

Hunt

• 21. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                  DougWeir Level 1

Hello all,

Nvidia just came out with a new beta driver, 195.39...has anyone tried this to see if it fixes the problem?

Thanks,

Doug

• 22. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                    Schilfers Level 1

have the same crash problems but despite I have the latest drivers of NVida for my Geforce 8600 card, I cannot find this nvSCPAP.dll, so there must be another reason why Windows 7 32 AND 64 makes this horrorprogram crash all the time!!!

• 23. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                      Barkity Bark

It is crashing because it is simply BAD CODE and a BUGGY program, probably rushed to the street and obviously with little thought to adequate beta testing. Please address this immediately, Adobe.

• 24. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                        nealeh Level 5

Schilfers wrote:

I have the latest drivers of NVida for my Geforce 8600 card

Then you must uninstall the 3D Stereoscopic driver from Control Panel> Uninstall a program. There is a conflict between that and PRE.

Cheers,
                                                        --
                                                        Neale

• 25. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                          Schilfers Level 1

On my dualcore I could remove this driver (Geforce EN9400GT)

But on my Quadcore,which I am using for the editing, the Geforce 8600

doesn't have this driver, so that will not be the solution.

But thanks for the tip.

• 26. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                            Schilfers Level 1

But that doesn't help me much, does it?

• 27. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                              nealeh Level 5

Schilfers wrote:

On my dualcore I could remove this driver (Geforce EN9400GT)

But on my Quadcore,which I am using for the editing, the Geforce 8600

doesn't have this driver, so that will not be the solution.

In that case you do not have the latest set of drivers from nvidia as these install three items:

• a) Drivers
                                                              • b) PhysX
                                                              • c) 3D Stereoscopic

If you do not have those then you must be using an older driver and should update to the latest WHQL driver from  http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7_winvista_32bit_191.07_whql_uk.html and then uninstall the 3D component..

Below is an image from my system. It shows, arrowed, items a) and b) from the above list. Your system should have a third item - Nvidia 3D Stereoscopic.

uninstall.jpg

Cheers,
                                                              --
                                                              Neale

• 28. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                                Schilfers Level 1

With the Geforce 8600 there is only the a)

• 29. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                                  nealeh Level 5

nvidia:

Which NVIDIA GeForce GPUs support PhysX?
                                                                  GeForce 8-series GPUs and later (with a minimum of 32 cores and a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory) support PhysX.

It seems that not all 8600 cards have 32 cores. Yours might be one of those and that would explain why neither the PhysX or 3D Stereoscopic components install. It also explains why you could remove it from your 9400 system.

It might be worth uninstalling your current driver and installing one of the older ones from the 17x series (these predate PhysX and 3D support). This links to the 178 WHQL driver: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winvista_x86_178.24_whql_uk.html.

Other than that I'm lost for further suggestions to help you.

Cheers,
                                                                  --
                                                                  Neale

• 30. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                                    andy1946569 Level 1

I wouldn't uninstall any driver from a PC thats working fine, for a piece of new software which is riddled with bugs.

My old version of PE used to work perfectly well without all this hassle. If Adobe want my money they should provide me with something that works.

This is a badly tested and prematurely released piece of software, and they need to fix it.

My issues are...

1. Keeps closing
                                                                    2. Keeps crashing
                                                                    3. Time stretch tool works erratically
                                                                    4. Exports without sound
                                                                    5. Does not open project files when double clicking

Photoshop works fine, as does Office, as does all my other software. I won't be jeopardising the stability of my system for this.

Come on Adobe, give us some hope. Don't turn into Microsoft and resort to getting everything "customer tested".

Andy

• 31. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                                      Barkity Bark Level 1

Amen, Andy! Enough people here just make excuses for this program and for Adobe. Like teacher's pets. But all of that aside, I am sure that Adobe knows about these problems and is working them, though it would have been really nice if this was all taken care of during beta testing. It would also be nice to see someone from Adobe read and respond to their own forum with updates on progress.

• 32. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                                        nealeh Level 5

Schilfers wrote:

I cannot find this nvSCPAP.dll

Make a system restore point and then try unregistering the dll with: regsvr32 -u nvSCPAP.dll and see what difference, if any, that makes to PRE.

If there is no difference reregister it with: regsvr32 nvSCPAP.dll            

Cheers,
                                                                        --
                                                                        Neale

• 33. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                                          nealeh Level 5

andy1946569 wrote:

Come on Adobe, give us some hope. Don't turn into Microsoft and resort to getting everything "customer tested".

Ironically Microsoft Expression Encoder is having a similar problem with the recent nvidia drivers: http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/encoder/thread/6439dcda-2c9f-4db5-aba4 -525b14141d85 - the application quits directly to the desktop when an AVI is imported. And this is with the nvidia driver approved by  Microsofts own WHQL process.

Cheers,
                                                                          --
                                                                          Neale

• 34. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                                            andy1946569 Level 1

"Ironically Microsoft Expression Encoder is having a similar problem with the recent nvidia drivers"

Far from ironic, I'd say it was typical and unsurprising.

Andy

• 35. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                                              WHoit

CRASH CRASH CRASH

It never stops...I've posted plenty of times about this and I've done everything I can (I guess)

- cleared the cache

- turned off background rendering

- etc

I have 4 gigs of RAM and it complains about running out after using less than half.

and it still crashes regularly.....pathetic.

• 36. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                                                -Subbi Adobe Employee

Check if any workarounds from this post of mine helps
                                                                                http://forums.adobe.com/message/2369282#2369282

EM

• 37. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                                                  johny why

i do not have nVidia, but elements 8 is still crashing frequently. i have 2 Gigs RAM, and 70 Gigs defragmented free disk space.

• 38. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                                                    -Subbi Adobe Employee

* Have you tried disabling the GPU playback from "Edit>Preferences>General" options ?
                                                                                    * Have you tried minimising the Hardware acceleration ?

EM

• 39. Re: Premiere Elements 8 keeps closing or crashing
                                                                                      johny why Level 1

GPU  playback is disabled. didn't help.

how do i minimize hardware acceleration?

1 2 3 Previous Next