2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2008 11:53 AM by Creyente de Dios

help editing gradient

Creyente de Dios
      Hi, so i click the paint button, and then click the color button, i click "fill options" and it says solid. I hit gradient, and then edit. i change the gradient to the colors i want, but when i click enter or click away, it goes back to the solid color and doesnt keep the gradient. what am i doing wrong?
        • 1. Re: help editing gradient
          pixlor Level 4
          quote:

Originally posted by: Creyente de Dios
          Hi, so i click the paint button, and then click the color button, i click "fill options" and it says solid. I hit gradient, and then edit. i change the gradient to the colors i want, but when i click enter or click away, it goes back to the solid color and doesnt keep the gradient. what am i doing wrong?

Can you make a simple object, like a rectangle, and just apply a gradient to it, no editing? Try this:
          1) Create and select a rectangle
          2) In the Properties palette (at the bottom), select the drop-down that says Solid and select one of the Gradient types.
          Do you get a gradient?

If yes, then, with your rectangle selected, use the same drop-down to
          3) Select Fill Options...then click the Edit button
          4) Change one of the colors and click off, twice (once for Edit, once for Fill Options...)
          • 2. Re: help editing gradient
            Creyente de Dios Level 1
            thanx pixlor for the response. That works good. What i started to do was click the background color, change solid to gradient, then exit the box. re-press on the background color, and the gradient automatically pops up, so it works that way.