Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integrating Google Maps in a CFDIV?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2008 Jul 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I played around with the Google Maps API and I like it a lot. I found the excellent cf_googlemaps custom tag at riaforge.com and that worked like a charm. I was (and still am) ready to get some mapping done.

Unfortunately, integrating a Google map in a CFDIV (or a CFLAYOUT, CFPOD, etc. for that matter) results in an error. An otherwise perfectly good call to a Google Map just keps throwing the JS error and I can't seem to fix it. In fact, I am not even getting closer... 😞 This is the error:

"Error processing JavaScript in markup for element centerpanel: [Enable debugging by adding 'cfdebug' to your URL parameters to see more information]"

I tried stripping the code down to the bare minimum that will render a map (straight from the Google Map API pages examples), but the result was the same... zip...

I expect somebody else must have run into this at one point, as this API has been around for a while and so had CF8. Any of you people heard what might solve this? I am not copying any code into this post just yet, as I do not think it is in my code, but if that will help, I will do so.

Thnx for your time and efforts :-)

Jasper Grannetia
The Hague
The Netherlands
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't yet used the tag. It looks quite interesting.

I had a look at the cf_googleMap Documentation out of curiosity. Apparently, putting <cf_googlemapshow/> at the end, just before the closing body tag, solves a number of Javascript issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yeah, I remember reading the bit, but I did not connect it with the my JS-woes. I will look into it today and post back on it.

Thnx!

Jasper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation