3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2009 7:40 AM by Ned Murphy

No layer's?

daz2008

I have just entered Falsh and for some strange reason none of my layers are named. Not only that, when I draw a circle for instance and I want to move that circle. I have to move the line and the fill seperate... I think this has something to do with the layers not being named. Thank's to whoever helps. I will be posting a print screen.

Click the link below...

http://i37.tinypic.com/jg0bd5.png

• 1. Re: No layer's?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If this is your first time using Flash, then maybe the following might be the problems.  I doubt the layer naming has anything to do with your problem of moving the line and fill together.

For the timeline, I think you just have the name section condensed to its minimum, so place your mouse over the right edge of the layer name section, between the color square and the first keyframe of the timeline.  You should get a double-ended arrow off 2 parallel lines... click and drag that edge to the right to reveal the layer name section.

As for moving the circle, if you click down on a particular portion of the circle, such as the fill or the line, you will only move that portion.  If you drag-select around the entire circle, then all the portions will be selected and you can then click down on them and drag them together.

• 2. Re: No layer's?
            daz2008 Level 1

It's not my first time using Flash but your advice worked perfectly. Thanks a lot, It's a joy your here =]

• 3. Re: No layer's?
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You're welcome