6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2009 3:21 PM by 1mousse1

Adobe Premiere Pro V7.0

1mousse1

I installed Adobe Premiere Pro V7.0 several years ago.  It has been several years since I have used it.  I am now using it again.  How do I go about getting any updates that might have been made?  Just how far behind the current supported product am I?

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Pro V7.0
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Premiere 7.0 is the same as Premiere Pro 1.0.  I don't believe there were any updates to that version.

The current version is 4.1, with the 4.2 update about to be released.

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Pro V7.0
            1mousse1 Level 1

Thanks for the response.  The following is a sreen shot of my program  It says Premier Pro V7.0.  Am I asking my question on the wrong forum?Premier Pro.jpg

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Pro V7.0
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Ask anywhere, the answer will be the same

Premiere Pro 1.0 had several names, depending on where/how it was purchased

All Adobe updates start here and select product http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Which will lead to http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=98&platform=Windows

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Pro V7.0
                1mousse1 Level 1

Thanks everyone for your responses.  John, I went to the second WEB site you mentined.  They have a link to a 2.0 tryout version.  However the link is nolonger valid.  Do you know of anyway to get the tryout version?  Also do you know of a way to bootstrap myself up to the current version or must I go out and repurchase, at full price, the full and latest version?

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Pro V7.0
                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                  do you know of a way to bootstrap myself up to the current version or must I go out and repurchase, at full price, the full and latest version?

I believe that it was with the CS2 versions, that Adobe limited the upgrade path to 3 prior versions. Prior to that, there was not a limit.

In PrPro parlayance, this was with PrPro 2.0. Since Pr 7.0/PrPro 1.0 was now four versions back, there will probably be no way to do the upgrade. You've got PrPro 1.0 (let's just stay in the Pro nomenclature), and PrPro 2.0, CS3 and now CS4 have been released.

After all of that, I would contact Adobe Customer Support and ask. While there might not be a lower-priced upgrade, they may be willing to still make you a deal, that would beat full-boat pricing. Do not know if it's still available, but from the Adobe Store, there was Live Chat with a CS rep for upgrade questions. That would be my first attempt, and then a telephone call to CS (not Technical Support, TS) and ask what sort of deal they can make you, as a loyal Adobe user. You might be surprised.

Good luck, and please update this thread if you find that you CAN still upgrade, or can do some sort of "premium" upgrade, as it might well help others.

Hunt

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Pro V7.0
                    1mousse1 Level 1

I was able to find out that the upgrade program goes back to version 0.  I bought the upgrade (~$300) and have not been successful in installing it yet.  I am currently fighting an installation problem with Adobe Tech Support.  Down loaded program with no errors.  Program installs with no errors.  When launching the installed program the “splash screen” comes up and indicates modules are being loaded.  Splash Screen goes away and no program launched.  Also no errors.  I am starting new thread on installation problem.