1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 19, 2009 12:54 AM by Mylenium

Adobe won't start up on my Laptop

bikerverde4

Hi.

Basically I'm having the same problem with my Adobe software  that this guy was having --> Problem.

I have the Gateway NV5214u, it has vista and I'm trying run Adobe CS3. After installation I try to open the programs buy they don't start up. I go to the task manager and it says the program is running and it certainly taking up memory to run it, but it doesn't show up on the screen. It dose this with every program except Photoshop. With Photoshop it actually starts but it freezes and I have to close it.

The guy in the other forum solved his problem by downloading a trial for CS4 and some how that helped. I downloaded a trial for CS4 for Flash. I installed it and it won't start either!

My profile has administrative privileges and Im sure I installed all updates. Please has any one else had this problem and if so how did you resolve it?

• 1. Re: Adobe won't start up on my Laptop
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

My profile has administrative privileges and Im sure I installed all updates.

And what happens, if you actually launch them with the administrator account, not just a normal user account with admin rights? Definitely try that. Most likely it is simply the license agreement prompting you for activation and blocking everything without showing itself....

Mylenium