3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2011 12:08 AM by toddy3927

Display barcodes in Reader 9

air125 Level 1

We have to display documents with a barcode type Code 128 on Adobe Reader 8 and 9.

Adobe Reader 8 displays them easily but I did not manage to make the barcodes visible in Adobe Reader 9. Instead I see a line of hieroglyphics and alphabetic characters. (e.g. Á09DE955610398189E1RÈ)

I installed the font type Code128 in Windows (XP) and activated the use of local fonts in the Reader.

Does anybody know the phenomenon and possibly a remedy?

Any help will be appreciated!

• 1. Re: Display barcodes in Reader 9
          toddy3927 Level 1

*pushup*

hello there,

i still have the same problem with adobe reader x.

the font "code128" is installed in windows 7 pro correctly, the used user ist still administrator.

if i open an existing document with barcodes in it it will only display other things like numbers or signs, if i try to open this document with "another" reader for pdfs the barcodes is correctly shown.

the document prosperties of the pdf-file in adobe reader shows the font code 128 but it seems that it will be replaced by adobe sans mm.

any ideas?

:-)

• 2. Re: Display barcodes in Reader 9
            George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Why don't you embed the font when you create the PDF?

• 3. Re: Display barcodes in Reader 9
              toddy3927 Level 1

I cant. I got these documents from our distributors or from other customers. Maybe i could please them to make these documents correctly for displaying in the reader. but thats not the problem. also viewing or printing these documents with another open-source reader e.g is an acceptable solution.

i still searched a while for a solution cause i thought it could only be a little problem. but i didnt find anything except that it has something to do with the creation of the document as you said.

i only wants to know if there is no solution why making an pdf unreadable for the reader....