1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 19, 2009 10:50 AM by Mylenium

AE CS4 hangs everytime I open a certain project

DaxterK

Hi,

Im using After Effects CS4 v9.0.2.42 on Windows 7 RC Build 7100 (actually stabler than Vista) and until now everything was just fine.

But now, everytime I open up a certain Project, After Effects hangs and Windows 7 gives me the Message: "AferFX.exe doesn't react anymore. Cause: AppHangB1" (freely translated from german). I only have this problem with this one project and I can't figure out why.

In it, there's just a video in the background, a solid used as a ground plane, a camera, a light and two Trapcode Particular Particle Worlds.

I could work with this project fine until I opened it from the save.

In case they're important, here are my system specs: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.5 GHz

Ati Radeon HD 4890

4 GB of RAM

Hopefully, somebody here can help me because i would hate to do the whole project all over again.

• 1. Re: AE CS4 hangs everytime I open a certain project
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Hopefully, somebody here can help me because i would hate to do the whole project all over again.

Well, bad news then: If AE doesn't throw an error about "project structure damaged" or "project does not contain instance X of item Y", then the structure is usually unrecoverable. Even importing the project into a new, empty one would not work then. The only other potential culprit I can imagine is damaged conform files in your media cache. Manually deleting that data might help. All that aside -  always make good use of incremental saving, regardless of how trivial a project may seem...

Mylenium