Exit

Can I customize the browser tab text - set to Project Title by default

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am using RH 7.03, generating WebHelp

I am creating branded Help and would like to customize the name that displays on the browser tab. It is set via the Project Title property in Project Settings. Can this be changed dynamically via an ssl?

Many thanks.

Pat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat.

Have you checked the "Window Caption" setting in the properties of the window you are using?

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat

To expound on what Colum offered, that setting will only have any effect under one of a couple of conditions.

1. You are working with Context Sensitive Help and are using Map IDs and the WebHelp API to establish the linking.
  2. You are working with WebHelp or FlashHelp Pro output.

Aside from either of those conditions, the Window you were pointed to will be simply ignored.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add more info to this question, I am trying to change the circled text in the attached image. The text appears to be controlled by the ProjectSettings/Project Title property. I have 2 SSl files and they are have different names, but much of the same content (branded).

Thanks,

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have stated what controls that text so I am not sure what you are asking.

If you want different text for the two layouts, you have to change to title or cheat. Open the start page of the output in a text editor and change the title there.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My webhelp output is generated using the command-line compiler; it makes no sense to change the name of the project to control this setting, and the setting is not accessible through the .ssl, which is a pity. Our solution will be to do some post-processing duirng our build process on the output .html file in order to display our branded product name in the brower Tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

If you feel there should be more control over this aspect of building help, please submit a Wish Form to ask for it to be considered.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp