2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2009 4:27 PM by the_wine_snob

Replace Bad audio With good audio CS3

redrodeo

I shot a sequence in the park....lovely birds and soft voices.Sequence contains 3 clips.one clip is soft but a small part has an irritating wind sound.How would I take a  small pat of the good audio and put that over the irritating wind sound?thanks you.I am working in CS3

• 1. Re: Replace Bad audio With good audio CS3
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Soundbooth will allow you to do this.

I'll give you the steps for Audition, but they will probably be exactly the same for SB.

Rt-click on the Clip and choose Edit in Soundbooth. It will open and load that Clip. Navigate to the area with the wind noise, and Click-drag to get an Envelope around that area. Note the Start, the End and the Duration of that Envelope. Find a section that is long enough to fit that Duration. Click to start the new Envelope, and then type in just the Duration. Ctrl+C. Now, go back to the Envelope settings and type in your Start (from the first Envelope) and then the Duration. Your first Envelope should form. Ctrl+V to Paste your ambient sound into place. Save and it should replace it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Replace Bad audio With good audio CS3
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Here's a look at the Envelope and the Info screen in Audition. It will probably be very similar in SB.

Audition_Envelope_01.jpg

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - if necessary, you can extract your clean ambient audio from another Clip, and then Copy/Paste it into the bad one.