3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2009 6:07 PM by ~graffiti

PDF wont open

Amy0725

I downloaded the Adobe Reader 9.2 to open a PDF file from my email.  The computer tries to open it as a Microsoft works file.  Help

• 1. Re: PDF wont open
          Skyflower7

If you right-click inside the PDF file, do you get a menu that asks you what you want to open it with?  That sounds like something that I've had (with my previous computer.  Right now, I'm on here trying to get Adobe to work at all with my new computer!)  Anyway, right-click inside the file, see if it asks you what you want to open it with, and if it does, it will give you Microsoft Works, Notepad, Adobe Reader, and a number of things to choose from.  Naturally, you want to choose Adobe Reader.  Let me know if this works!

• 2. Re: PDF wont open
            Amy0725 Level 1

I can't get a choice when I right click on it.  However, I can save the document from my email and then open it up from the file menu in adobe reader.

• 3. Re: PDF wont open
              ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Amy0725 wrote:

I can't get a choice when I right click on it.  However, I can save the document from my email and then open it up from the file menu in adobe reader.

You won't get it while the PDF is in the email. Right click on the PDF AFTER you save it to your hard drive.