Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete non-existent image from Project Manager

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning all,

I managed to add a non-existent image to Project Manager. Well, actually RH8 did it for me. Now I need to know how to delete it.

I am using a drop-down hotspot and wanted to use images other than what RH8 has available. So I added the hotspot and selected a random image to appear at the start of the text. Then I edited the default.css to (among other things) change the image filename on the line:

x-open-image: url(image-name-goes-here.gif)

I mistyped the image name, saved the default.css and went back to work in RH8, creating and previewing content. When my image didn't display, I tracked down the mistyped image name and corrected it.

So now I've got an image file appearing in Project Manager with a mistyped name, and that file never existed. There's a red X on the image icon and the Delete command is unavailable.

How do I get rid of this file from Project Manager?

TIA,

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Hi,

Paste an image with that incorrect name in the directory and delete it from RoboHelp.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Paste an image with that incorrect name in the directory and delete it from RoboHelp.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

William,

Ah, the simple solutions are the best.

I had to paste it in twice to get it to work. The second time RH8 asked if I wanted to overwrite the file. After that, I could delete the image from the topic and it disappeared from the Project Manager automatically.

Thanks much!

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp