4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2009 1:25 PM by the_wine_snob

Important! Error massage asiohost.cpp-709

anonym9393

Hello everybody

this is my probleme:

I use PrE 4 and its very good.

But since 2 days I can't play any video in PrE. I also can't switch on the timeline from one position to the other.

There is always following message:

"Premiere Elements has encountered an error.

[..\..\src\audio\asiohost.cpp-709]  "

I dont know what to do!!!

Perhabs this is helpful:

This message is there since I activated and deaktived some clips. I uses this tool for the first time and since then nothing goes.

I hope you knwo what I mean and you can help me!!

Thanks a lot

PS: Sorry for my English. But I'm only 16 years old and I'm learning it in school.

• 1. Re: Important! Error massage asiohost.cpp-709
          the_wine_snob Level 9

That error indicates an ASIO issue.

The first thing that I would look into is what has changed, since you last were able to edit perfectly. Did you install any software, or hardware?

Next, I'd get the very latest Realtek Audio driver and install it. Even simple OS updates can kill these quickly. Many players will have no issue, but an NLE works a lot more closely, with both Audio and Video drivers, and can encounter problems. Note: if you have a Creative, or other Audio board/chip, go to their site for the latest update

Then, I'd check the ASIO settings in Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware. Here is my ASIO settings for PrE 4 on my laptop:

ASIO Settings 02.jpg

Last, if nothing else is working, look at ASIO4All. Install it (freeware) and then in Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware>ASIO Settings, point to it for Input & Output. This has allowed many to get their Audio working with all sorts of equipment, when nothing else worked. It's saved many on the Audition forum days of troubleshooting.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - Welcome to the forum

• 2. Re: Important! Error massage asiohost.cpp-709
            anonym9393 Level 1

Thank you very much for answering!!!

I found the solution of my probleme in anotrher tread:

"Try getting rid of the disabled files or just reenable them, then save the project under a new name, close Premiere, and then reopen it. "

Now it works!!!

But also thanks tothe_wine_snob. I learned much more about drivers and audios

• 3. Re: Important! Error massage asiohost.cpp-709
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Anonym9393

Great job.

If it should happen again, please note all the details to help troubleshoot the cause and prevent it from happening again.

ATR

• 4. Re: Important! Error massage asiohost.cpp-709
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Your reporting is appreciated. I now have another "trick" to add to the troubleshooting toolbox!

Good luck, and thank you,

Hunt