I just tried doing exactly the same thing and it works fine here.
If you want, e-mail me your project file (minus source video file) and I'll take a look: arozenfe(©)adobe.com
While Cleaning up my project to send to you without the video I noticed an additional effect I was applying to the avchd video layer itself (not the adjustment layer).
I was using it in mirror mode to fill the 25-100 pixels worth of black edges from where my video goes out of frame at the edges when it shakes.
With Motion Tile disabled (I check off the "FX" box in the timeline.) It seems to render the shakes in both the preview and final render but I get black borders (as expected).
With Motion Tile Enabled the shake renders in the preview without borders but seems to be lost completely in the final output render.
Motion Tile seems to be the culprit. Perhaps it does not do what I think it does?
Still want me to send you my project?
1 person found this helpful
Motion Tile is about replicating a source image multiple times.
If the wiggler's magnitude is not too wide, you could just apply it directly to the video layer's position, and just increase Scale to 103-105 per cent. It shouldn't degrade quality too drastically at those values, right?
That's what I thought motion tile did. This was fine as the footage I shot replicated rather well and it wasn't too obvious.
With the crop technique I have to zoom to %115 to clear the black borders (the shake is for explosions in the footage).
The video is at 1080p so quality degredation isn't so much an issue. Rather the issue is the subject is very close to the camera and already falling outside of safe. So zooming exacerbates the amount of the subject (eyes, mouth) that are outside the viewing area.
I read two seperate tutorials for creating camera shake and both mentioned using motion tile to buy back a few pixels. In the preview it seems to work well. It just doesn't render it out like it appears in the preview.
I have another render going with zoom at %115 and motion tile off. I'll let you know how it comes out. Thanks for the help. I'm blown away someone (from Adobe) was on here that late a night to answer my question. I hadn't expected that.
Many thanks to Adolfo Rozenfeld at Adobe.
After looking over my project file we uncovered 2 things.
First the difference between my RAM Preview and the Final render was that I had my workspace configured to ALWAYS use OPEN GL. For certain effects the hardware accelerated open gl preview and the software renderer (used by default in the render queue) can yeild different results. The software renderer is more feature complete but slower.
Second he discovered that I had inadvertently applied a keylight effect to one of my adjustment layers. In this particular case I didn't need the keylight and removing it allowed my project to render as expected.
Thanks again Adolfo!