3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2009 11:24 AM by the_wine_snob

timeline question

mayumivegas

Hello. When I import a video file/image from my camcorder and try to insert it onto timeline by dragging the file, it goes everywhere except video and audio track 1. First, it is placces on video and audio 2, then if I try to drag it down to video and audio 1, it refuses to do so and jump up to video and audio 3 or higher number tracks.

I have tried to look for solutions in this forum, but it is very difficult. Is it something to do with my initial setting or something to do with input/output of a media??? I have little knowledge of anything, so if you could, please explain me in an easy way.

I would truly appreciate for answers. Thank you.

• 1. Re: timeline question
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you using video from an AVCHD camcorder?

If so, your solution is in the FAQs to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/471666?tstart=0

• 2. Re: timeline question
            A.T. Romano Level 7

I believe that SG has targeted your issue. That 5.1 channel audio is the culprit if you do not set the correct project preset in the new project dialog as you open the program.

But, I would add the following....

When you record AVCHD format from a camcorder, you could be setting for what is called FULL AVCHD, that is 1920 x 1080, or NON FULL AVCHD, that is 1440 x 1080 which becomes 1920 x 1080. So, check your camcorder settings to see which one.

If your camcorder recording = FULL AVCHD and you have 5.1 channel audio, then the project preset (new project dialog) should = NTSC AVCHD FULL HD1080i30 5.1 channel.

If your camcorder recording = NON FULL AVCHD and you have 5.1 channel audio, then the project preset (new project dialog) should = NTSC AVCHD HD 1080i30 5.1 channel.

If you are in a PAL area, rather NTSC, then you would use the PAL counterparts.

ATR

• 3. Re: timeline question
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Another option that you might have would be to record the Audio in stereo, instead of DD 5.1 SS.

As PrE cannot Export DD 5.1 SS Audio, or include it in a DVD, you will have a down-mix to stereo anyway.

I'd suggest that you test both settings (if you can change to stereo), as many have found that the 5.1 recording from the camera's mics. picks up a lot of unwanted signals, and stereo will narrow this down quite a bit. The choice is yours and Steve and ATR have furnished the answers for the DD 5.1 SS onto the Timeline.

Good luck,

Hunt