4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2009 1:18 PM by Kevin_LTCS

Giving Catalyst a try.

Kevin_LTCS Level 1

Alright I've decided to build my next project in Fc and I'll see how it goes. The project is to include text, stills, flv and sfw files. In catalyst it looks like it's going to take a lot of pages. I'm a Flash user not a Flex user so this is somewhat new to me. Here's some of my issues on day 1

- I wish you could export the project to Flash

- copy/paste transition or set a default style up for new items from one page to another

- a text palette that is closer to other Adobe apps

- the ability to rename pages would be great

- the ability to organize pages in a layers style format would be cool

- more align and align settings

- the ability to set a default text in a preferences panel

- the ability to customize the window placement and save those alternate window placements

Some weird things:

Some buttons show up as tiny control points on the work area but do work once converted to a working file, I think they were made a text and not optimized. It's a little too bit much like working in Illustrator 88 with the preview mode.

That's all for now

Kevin D.

• 1. Re: Giving Catalyst a try.
          acath Level 4

Hi Kevin,

Those are all good ideas. One note: you can rename pages: just double-click on the name. Note that your new name cannot have any spaces in it (this is a known limitation that we'd like to fix).

I'm not sure what you mean about the buttons showing up as tiny control points. Can you send screenshots and steps to reproduce the issue?

-Adam

• 2. Re: Giving Catalyst a try.
            Kevin_LTCS Level 1

Hello Adam,

Well the page rename thing is a bit embarrassing but it's a feature I'll be using right away.

As for the tiny points issue I enclosed some screen caps.

In creating the screen caps, the images now show up. Through breaking apart the graphic and then optimizing it, the proper view now shows up. Hmmm.

I don't really understand the reasoning behind optimize/break apart and this might be why I am having trouble with it. I also am thinking that it might be the type of font I'm using - I've selected Georgia.

The screen caps are attached. I didn't make screen caps for when I did this to the Introduction button so I repeated the sequence with the Traditions button.

Thanks

Kevin Dowler

E-Learning Developer

Learning Technology and Creative Services

RCMP Academy (Depot),

Box 6500, 5600  11th Ave.

Regina, Sask. S4P 3J7

t: 306/780-5828    f:306/780-5265

e: kevin.dowler@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

ROSS: Depot_LTCS    for all work requests

>>> Adam Cath <forums@adobe.com> 2009-10-22 10:57 >>>

Hi Kevin,

Those are all good ideas. One note: you can rename pages: just double-click on the name. Note that your new name cannot have any spaces in it (this is a known limitation that we'd like to fix).

I'm not sure what you mean about the buttons showing up as tiny control points. Can you send screenshots and steps to reproduce the issue?

-Adam

• 3. Re: Giving Catalyst a try.
              acath Level 4

Hi Kevin,

Your screenshots aren't showing up. If you posted via email, note that email attachments don't get turned into forum attachments - I believe you have to do this yourself on the forum.

Optimize/break apart should never change the appearance of your objects. If it does, that's a bug - don't blame yourself!

-Adam

• 4. Re: Missing screen shots
                Kevin_LTCS Level 1

Here's the srceens that didn't transport very well.

Kevin D.