3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2009 7:33 AM by Jerry62712

What is a valid value

Jerry62712 Level 1

What is a valid value for accessibilityProperties?  If I enter something in quotes I get an error that you can't use characters.  If I enter something without quotes I get an error that characters are required.  I tried:

true

"true"

on

"on"

yes

"yes"

• 1. Re: What is a valid value
          EgorKDie Level 2

DisplayObject.accessibilityProperties takes an object of the AccessibilityProperties type.

Check http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/langref/flash/display/DisplayObject.html#accessibilityPro perties

• 2. Re: What is a valid value
            Jerry62712 Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  I was informed that Flex doesn't work with accessibility if it is applied at a "higher" level than the specific item.  Thus you don't apply it at the application level as that would never work.  And you don't apply it at the container level as that will block the specific component you want it to work on.

Further, it was suggested that you have to apply it via programming and not in the IDE.

So I'm off to read your cite and to hopefully have an accessible application.

• 3. Re: What is a valid value
              Jerry62712 Level 1

I've read the cite and tried to apply it to my application, but without luck.

import flash.accessibility.Accessibility;
              import flash.accessibility.AccessibilityProperties;

public function accessibleSet():void {
                  var access508:AccessibilityProperties = new AccessibilityProperties();
              trace("*Testing* Accessibility active before: " + Accessibility.active);
                  access508.name = "Access Name";
                  access508.description = "Access Description";
                  residenceSizeData.accessibilityProperties = access508;
                  Accessibility.updateProperties();
              trace("*Testing* Accessibility active after: " + Accessibility.active);
              }

Gave a not active at the second trace.  This code was in a script file imported to the main mxml file.