1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2006 7:26 AM by Newsgroup_User

Help with Multiple Files

OscarSSS Level 1
      I have to put a logo on hundreds of pictures, does fireworks do this , I know I can do it with photoshop, but I think is a long process to create a action, which I am not familiar with, I would like something easier and faster.
      Thank you!!!
        • 1. Re: Help with Multiple Files
          Level 7
          I don't know if this is easier or faster than Photoshop, but here is
          the answer to a similar question posted a couple of years ago.

This sounds complicated but it really is quite simple.

This is how I do it.

Make yourself a new folder.
          Copy your images into the new folder.
          In FWs make your copyright image.
          (text > © whoever 2003 > set your canvas to have a clear background and save
          as a Fireworks PNG)

Open one of your images then go to File > Import and select the copyright
          image you just made.
          Carefully position it in the top left hand corner (it will then work with
          images of different sizes) with a respectable space around it.

Open your History panel (Window > History) You should see one item *Import*
          select to highlight it, then go to the top right hand corner of the History
          Panel and click. In the drop down menu select > save as Command > name it
          what you like, copyright would seem to be a good idea. OK your done that’s
          part one completed.

Close all your images, you don’t need to save.

Part two.

Go to File > Batch Process > Navigate to the folder with your images in and
          select the ones you want to add your copyright image to > Next > Navigate to
          the left window and find Commands, > In the list you should find the command
          you just made… Copyright? > select it and click Add > Next > Probably best
          at this stage to select Custom Location and make a folder for to save your
          images to, but if you copied your originals you should be safe to use > Same
          Location as Original File> Then click Batch and sit back and enjoy.

Phew! Good Luck

"OscarSSS" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:eg6ajc$i3m$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          |I have to put a logo on hundreds of pictures, does fireworks do this , I
          know I
          | can do it with photoshop, but I think is a long process to create a
          action,
          | which I am not familiar with, I would like something easier and faster.
          | Thank you!!!
          |