2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2009 9:22 AM by Michael Riordan

help me figure this out

angeltread

so im lettering a comic book.

im doing the dialog balloons for this one character in a special way

and ive got it so close to exactly how i want it but have hit a snag...

see this pic.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2795/problemx.jpg

im using a brush as the stroke of the closed path, i love the jagged edges and nonuniform look of it. but my problem is the start/end point. i would love for it to connect.

is there a way to alter that brush so it will connect...?

i tryed to just make the ends of the shape not taper  and be more blunt but it didnt really work....

.... also

is there a way to change and define the start/end point of a already existing closed path so that i control (if i never figure out how to make the ends connect id like to place those nonconnecting ends in different places.)

thanks for any help anybody provides

• 1. Re: help me figure this out
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

is there a way to alter that brush so it will connect...?

Drag&drop the brush onto the ccanvas, modify, drag&drop back to the palette, update.

is there a way to change and define the start/end point of a already existing closed path so that i control (if i never figure out how to make the ends connect id like to place those nonconnecting ends in different places.)

Select the anchor point, hit the scissor tool in the tool property bar. This will split the path at the point, re-arranging the point order. You can then join it again, if needed.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: help me figure this out
            Michael Riordan Adobe Community Professional

If I'm reading this right, you want to create a closed shape while using the brush tool. The tool normally doesn't do this, and when you come back to the beginning of your drawn line, it simply overlaps or comes close to but doesn't conect with the beginning point.

If that's what you want, nothing could be easier. Simply hold down the option key (Mac, it's alt on a PC) when you get near the end. as you release your mouse button, continue to hold option down and it will automatically close the path into a shape.

Hope that helps

Michael

1 person found this helpful