3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2009 3:07 PM by Linda Nicholls

Why is my text blurry?

hallway3 Level 1

I've  used fireworks to create my banner, which includes a background color in a rectangle, and my company name in a text box @ a 75 text size.  It ends up looking blurry.  Is there a way to create a large - crisp looking text?

Should I go about this in a different way?

This is the only program I have to create my graphics.

• 1. Re: Why is my text blurry?
          pixlor Level 4

Can you post the image? Or maybe even post the same thing with different text? What font are you using?

That said, Fireworks' rendering is not always the smoothest. I will sometimes make an image 2 or 4 times larger than my intended final output (make the font size 2 or 4 times my intended size, as well), export the image, then resize the export to my final size.

• 2. Re: Why is my text blurry?
            Linda Nicholls Level 4

Always use text sizes that are multiples of two, like 74 instead of 75, or 76 instead of 75. Note that fonts with delecate ascenders or descenders do not work will at the low resolutions web images are usually created in. As Pixilor suggested, try making the text much larger than you need to to be, and then flattening it (Modify > Flatten selection), and then rescaling it to the size you need.

• 3. Re: Why is my text blurry?
              Linda Nicholls Level 4

Also, make sure you are viewing the document at 100% magnification.