2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2006 7:33 AM by shonts

tweeking for browsers

shonts Level 1
      Hello I am attempting to build my first table free website, it has been a bit of a process but I fell nearly there.
      Unfortuneately there is a problem in Safari and Firefox (explorer works fine) In Safari and firefox a large gap appears between my footer div and my main content div.
      After two days of google-ing, online tutorials rebuilding pages and general hair pulling I still can't figure it out. The problem occers when i put more than one div tag within my editable region (pages where I put content directly into editable region without div tags, work fine) I beleive it has something to do with my floats but I am not sure what, I have tried all the varibles I could think of. Any help wuld be GREATLY appreciated.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~sandjallwood@ozemail.com.au/pages/index.html

Thank you,

Shontelle
        • 1. Re: tweeking for browsers
          Level 7
          Remove the empty <p> tags in your code and replace it with
          <br style="clear: both;" />, as below.

<br>
          Carl Franchina<br>
          Senior Store Manager <br>
          Guests Furniture<br>
          </p>
          <br style="clear: both;" />
          </div>

shonts wrote:

> Hello I am attempting to build my first table free website, it has been a bit
          > of a process but I fell nearly there.
          > Unfortuneately there is a problem in Safari and Firefox (explorer works fine)
          > In Safari and firefox a large gap appears between my footer div and my main
          > content div.
          > After two days of google-ing, online tutorials rebuilding pages and general
          > hair pulling I still can't figure it out. The problem occers when i put more
          > than one div tag within my editable region (pages where I put content directly
          > into editable region without div tags, work fine) I beleive it has something to
          > do with my floats but I am not sure what, I have tried all the varibles I
          > could think of. Any help wuld be GREATLY appreciated.
          >
          > http://members.iinet.net.au/~sandjallwood@ozemail.com.au/pages/index.html
          >
          > Thank you,
          >
          > Shontelle
          >

• 2. Re: tweeking for browsers
            shonts Level 1
            THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I am so so so greatful for your help!

Shontelle