• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Voice is broken when doing a Training Simulation

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am recording a training simulation using a program based in IE6.  I am using Captivate 4 with a desk mic.  When I record the session I say serval items then ask my audience to click on a button, then I actually click the button.  When I publish it however, for some reason it puts the Click action in the middle of words, so you hear the first syllabol of a word, then it just sits there waitinig for the person to click on the button, often times before the button is even identified.  I tried the recording in Word and it did the same thing, but not nearly as bad.  Does anyone have any ideas?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please elaborate on the problem.

I think this is something to do with the button timing. Please check the pause timing for the button on which you are facing problems.

Regards,

mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a setting within Captvate?  Or in the Program that I am recording?  If in the program that I am recording I do not have the ability to check such items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Reaching a bit on the late side for India, so perhaps Mukul isn't seeing your post at the moment.

I'm certain that what is meant is to double-click the Button object in Captivate and look at the options there. I believe an assumption of a button is being made as you state you are asking the user to click.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

As Rick correctly pointed out I am referring to the button object properties.

- Double click the button so that Button properties dialog appears

- Looks for Pause After option and check its time. It means you are asking the slide to pause after a particular duration mentioned here.

- Also go to Audio Tab and look for check boxes:

• Pause slide audio when movie pauses
  • Pause slide audio when user clicks

The way slide audio behaves on slide carrying buttons depend on above mentioned options. Please check these settings to confirm they are not causing audio to break / pause.

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources