My evaluation and testing of the FlashBuilder 4 beta 2 is stopped because there are so many questions that have not been answered. To be clear:
- I desperately need an alternative to the Micro$oft "vendor lock in" (front end, middleware, backend)
- Adobe is a recognized name in the I.T. world. (My biggest opponents to change are the I.T. guys & gals)
- I need to do some heavy duty "convincing" by SHOWING customers and their trusted I.T. crowd that there is a viable alternative
- I can't show them if your product doesnt' work
- Plan B is to show them that even though your product doesn't work, your support is responsive, and bugs will be fixed next release, and that there is a work around for now
- There is no Plan C if the previous two points aren't resolved
This forum seems really busy compared to Data Services forum. That forum is dead. Very few views and 98% unanswered questions.
Should I re-post all my questions in this forum? In an attempt to get some help?
A few thoughts...
These forums are user / customer forums. They are not an official Adobe support channel. Did you read the disclaimer on the first page that said "Forums ... are an alternative to Adobe’s official customer support channels"? ( http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa ).
To say that Adobe support sucks because questions were not answered on these forums is the wrong conclusion. Adobe support may suck, but these forums are not an indication of that.
If your questions are Flex related, feel free to repost them to this board, though. I imagine that there are just more people using Flex than their are LiveCycle or BlazeDS.