4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2009 3:29 AM by MacMillionHD

Export to tape stops unexpectedly

MacMillionHD

Hello,

I am trying to Export to Tape from CS4 to a Sony DSR-1500AP deck. It starts fine, but after about 5 minutes (a different point on each occasion) everything just stops.

This happens in DV and DVCAM projects.

I would be extremely grateful for any assistance!

Thanks

Robin

• 1. Re: Export to tape stops unexpectedly
          pejaka Level 1

Just quessing.

Do you have auto save on?

I had the same problem a while ago, one hour export to tape stopped after about 20 minutes.

I'm not sure if it is related or not, but after taking auto save off (I had auto save every 20 minutes) next export to tape succeeded.

Pena

• 2. Re: Export to tape stops unexpectedly
            MacMillionHD Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion Pena.

I do have auto save on, so maybe that's it. I'll give it another go in a bit and let you know how I get on.

Many Thanks!

Robin

• 3. Re: Export to tape stops unexpectedly
              Chuck A. McIntyre Level 3

We have the same deck but had a similar issue with our DSR-11 on show site. Our export would stop recording "Export to Tape" at the exact place (as indicated by the CTI) every time. Very frustrating. It turned out in our case that the problem related to an NTSC Widescreen *.avi file that was created on a Mac using Boot Camp. Are there any suspect files in your project? I solved the issue on an earlier version of Premiere (not CS4) by bringing this file (where the tape stopped) into an new project and exporting it as a Microsoft AVI as opposed to a DV AVI. Once I replaced the file on the timeline with my new exported version, the export to tape went without a hitch.

• 4. Re: Export to tape stops unexpectedly
                MacMillionHD Level 1

Thanks for your suggestions.

Once I switched auto save off it worked fine - i just hope I remember to turn it back on!

Its odd though, as autosave was set to every 20 minutes but it consistantly stopped at around 5 mins??