20 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2009 10:01 AM by vegasmagic

Need serious help!  Can't print anything in illustrator cs3

vegasmagic

I recently installed snow leopard and did a clean install of all apps including cs3.  Since the new install, illustrator goes to "not responding" when I either select file>print or hit keys cmd-P.  I can print from photoshop just fine, it seems to be just illustrator.  I haven't tried any other cs3 apps, because I only use dreamweaver and bridge, but never print form them anyway.

For the printer drivers, I used the ones that came on the 10.6 install disc because canon's website said their drivers were for up to 10.5. Not sure that the disc isn't just the same driver they list, but I can print fine from every application on the computer except illustrator, the one I REALLY need.

I've sent a ticket to adobe, but it said it would take 3 or 4 days to respond and I am in the middle of a job that needs to print today or tomorrow, not next week!

Has anyone had this problem, and is there anything I can do?  In the meantime, is there any other way I can print an illustrator file in actual size?  I need these to print actual size and ilustrator is the only way I've ever done it.

Thanks for the help.