3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2009 1:16 PM by the_wine_snob

Safe Margins disappear

mansell365

Hello -- anyone know about this?

IN PPro CS4 I always keep the safe margins indicator turned ON in the program monitor window. But I keep noticing that the margin boxes disappear while I'm editing.

I have to click the button to turn them off, then click again to turn them back on, and they reappear.

They never disappeared like that in CS3.

Anyone know what's going on here and how to stop it from happening?

Thanks,

Tom

• 1. Re: Safe Margins disappear
          Jim_Simon Level 8

I have not seen this error with my own editing.  They stay on until I turn them off.

• 2. Re: Safe Margins disappear
            the_wine_snob Level 9

This sounds like a video display issue, but I could be wrong.

Please tell us about your video sub-system, i.e. you video card, your drivers (are they updated?).

Might be something there. As Jim reports, I have never seen this either.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Safe Margins disappear
              the_wine_snob Level 9

While gathering the data on your video card and drivers, take a look at Hardware Acceleration and if it's set to the highest, set to the lowest and check. If that works, increment it up, until it does not work. If it's OFF, try at Max, and test.

Also, if you have an nVidia card with a new driver, do you have either 3D Stereovision, and/or PhysX modules installed? You should be able to check in the nVidia Console. If so, stop these from loading. They do zero for NLE work, except cause issues.

Good luck,

Hunt