3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2009 8:37 AM by Loic.Aigon

[JS CS3/4] MAC OS X Ignore resizeable & maximizeButton set to false

Loic.Aigon Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

I set both resizeable and maximiseButton parameters of my scriptUI window to false.

On Mac OS X, these parameters seem to be overriden bu the system while on Windows XP, it's OK.

Is that a know issue ?

Loic

• 1. Re: [JS CS3/4] MAC OS X Ignore resizeable & maximizeButton set to false
          Steven.. Level 3

I haven't heard of the issue, however you should try adding handler to onResizing event see Page 115 in JavaScript tools guide CS4 for more info.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: [JS CS3/4] MAC OS X Ignore resizeable & maximizeButton set to false

Hi Steven,

Thanks a lot for the input.

With that command, I am very closed from perfect behaviour :

myBounds = rapidDlg.bounds;

rapidDlg.onResize =     function()

{
                                                    rapidDlg.bounds = myBounds;
                                                }

If I try dragging the window handle, the window bounds are reset to former ones. Great.

However, if i use the maximize button, the window is relocated. myBounds is modified and take values of the new bounds :-S .

The weirdest is that It works nicely for any resizing actions with a little piece of code I wrote. But the same commands in my main code fails with dealing maximisation >-(    

Digging...

Thanks again for your help.

• 3. Re: [JS CS3/4] MAC OS X Ignore resizeable & maximizeButton set to false

Ok,

So what I understood is that onResize doesn't deal  very well with maximizebutton.

If I do

var myBounds = dlg.bounds;

dlg.onResize = function ()

{

dlg.bounds = myBound;

}

then maximize the window, the script seems to partially ignore "dlg.bounds = myBound;"

Window is relocated at 0,0 instead of taking former myBounds value...:-(

Loic