2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2009 10:14 AM by Steve Grisetti

Distribution format of VNR to TV stations

rtprtp Level 1

Hi Again,

I will be Working on my first Video News Release to be distributed to TV stations. I am working in HDV, and I have been "sharing" finished programs and saving them on my computer as M2T files. Will the stations accept this file, or do you think I need to burn it to BlueRay, or something else?

Thanks, Stan

• 1. Re: Distribution format of VNR to TV stations
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Stan,

Only the TV stations can answer this for you. Also, be prepared to get a few slightly different specs. Match the provided specs. as perfectly as you can. If you have any questions, there should be a technician at each TV station, who can direct you.

This is the same thing when working with a printer for advertising work. The artist must gather the individual printer's specs., and adhere to them. Different printers = different specs., because of different workflows, and different equipment, both on the computer end, and on the print devices' end.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Distribution format of VNR to TV stations
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I agree with Hunt. Most TV stations will accept HDV and BluRay discs as standard. However, a few won't even look at HDV, demanding only professional hi-def. In that case, not only won't Premiere Elements be able to provide them acceptable files, but it's unlikely you can afford the camcorder that could even shoot in that format.